It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2007, 10:31 AM   #1
(male)

Steve73 HB User
Back Pain immediately after eating!!

To All:

I'm brand new to this message board, I would appreciate any applicabel help, and ideas.

I have been experiencing significant lower back pain, and stomach bloating immediately after I eat ANY food!! Certain foods make the condition worse than others, but now it happens 100% of the time. within 2 minutes of swallowing the food, the pains starts. After I have a bowel movement, I would say 75% of the pain subsides, but the bloating persists.

I have had every test, scan, mri, procedure under the sun, and have seen 2-3 different Gi doctors, yet we cannot get to the bottom of the problem, I take enzyme pills, as that does help somewhat, but the pain, and frequency is getting worse with each day. MY GI doctor said it could be the gall bladder, but every test comes back clean, normal, etc.

Anyone out there experiencing the same issues? What have you done to fix this??

Thx so much.

Steve

Old 07-01-2007, 10:36 AM   #2
(male)

kevkli HB User
Re: Back Pain immediately after eating!!

Hi,

With the pain subsiding after moving your bowels makes me think COLON, have you had your colon checked?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2007, 10:39 AM   #3
(male)

Steve73 HB User

Thx for the quick reply. Yes, the colonoscopy came back nearly perfect, just a minor case of diverticulosis, otherwise no problems.

Old 07-01-2007, 11:01 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Baybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB User

I guess IBS was already ruled out? I wonder if it could be some sort of allergic reaction? Have you been checked for kidney stones?

Old 07-01-2007, 11:12 AM   #5
(male)

Steve73 HB User

The Dr. has indicated some level of IBS. I have had a full blown allergy test, I'm not allergic to anything, though I know from 1st hand knowledge, and common sense, certain foods do not agree, and my problem gets worse. For example marinara, is bad for me, but Italian food is my # 1 favorite food!!

I laso had the test for kidney and gall stones, nothing there. Frustrating!!!!

Old 07-01-2007, 11:23 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Baybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB User

Can you be more specific as to where in your back the pain is? And is it on both sides or just one? Is the pain sharp (like electric), or dull, or achy?

Of course I am not a doctor, I'm just trying to think of some things for you.
Not sure if it would be spine related if it's happening that quickly after eating. I might think if it's a bowel problem, constipation, too full bowels, something like that....if you have some sort of disc herniation, it could cause pain (especially sciatica) when you try to go (or maybe even while it's moving through the bowels). But you say it happens 2 minutes after eating so I'm sure if that could be due to inside the spine.

Old 07-01-2007, 11:24 AM   #7
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User

Did somebody checked if you have acid reflex desiase? This can cause you bloating, pain after you eat especially acidic food (like marinara). And also upper GI serious tests can help to diagnose the problem.

Old 07-01-2007, 11:46 AM   #8
(male)

Steve73 HB User

Baybreeze,

The pain is primarily in the lower back (95% of the time). The pain is more achy, severe at times.

I looked intot he spine / dics possibility as well. I've had MRI's and x-rays of my back, they came back clean, no issues.

Old 07-01-2007, 11:48 AM   #9
(male)

Steve73 HB User

I have had all those tests you mentioned, no one has said it's acid reflux.

Old 07-01-2007, 03:15 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Do you have any other kind of symptoms? Does your spine feel stiff? Do you get achy joints or anything like that? (ankles, shoulders, hips, sacral bones)

Old 07-01-2007, 04:18 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(male)

Chris54 HB User

Have you been checked for yeast overgrowth or Candida? It can effect your whole body. It can make you ache and cause problems with what you eat. IBS, acid reflux, etc. The test is simple. Look up yeast overgrowth test and go from there in the morning. It can make your back hurt, your bones ache, it can do a lot. Good Luck in finding what is wrong with you. I know it can be discouraging at times to be told the test is negative and that is the end of conversation with most doctors. You are left just standing/sitting there going but, but.................

Old 07-01-2007, 06:45 PM   #12
(female)

Bzzzzerk9 HB User

Did they check your gallbladder? I had lower back pain that was constant earlier this year. It ended up my gallbladder wasn't functioning properly even though I had no stones. It took them I while to figure it out. Just something to keep in mind if it has not been checked.

Last edited by Bzzzzerk9; 07-01-2007 at 06:45 PM.

Old 07-02-2007, 04:22 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

I agree it does sound like gall bladder. In my case, I had no stones. They did some test and when they injected this fatty substances in, my pain skyrocketed thru the roof. When they went in to remove the gall bladder my surgeon said it looked very sick. So you can have gall bladder problems and not have gall stones.

Old 07-02-2007, 08:13 AM   #14
(male)

Steve73 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baybreeze View Post
Do you have any other kind of symptoms? Does your spine feel stiff? Do you get achy joints or anything like that? (ankles, shoulders, hips, sacral bones)
None of the pain you mentioned above

Old 07-02-2007, 08:14 AM   #15
(male)

Steve73 HB User

Yes, I have been check ed for a yeast problem, and I have taken various meds to correct any "inbalances" on the yeast as well as both good and bad bacteria, not much help.

Closed Thread