It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2007, 05:04 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

hopetofeelwell1 HB User
Shortness of breath--acid reflux, gallstone or both????????

Hi all! I've been having some trouble with shortness of breath usually after a meal. I think I have a problem with acid reflux. I've taken Protonix in the past, but stopped because of the side effects and have gone on to Pepcid Regular with better results but I find that when each of these drugs has worn off, it's a case of rebound effects. I know reflux can kick up asthma, but can you have shortness of breath with gallstones? I will be going for an abdominal ultrasound this Wednesday to check on this, but was wondering if one can mimic the other. Thanks so much--Hopeto

Old 07-18-2007, 02:03 PM   #2
(female)

Forensicmom HB User
Re: Shortness of breath--acid reflux, gallstone or both????????

Yes. I had shortness of breath and constant pressure in my chest. Easter sunday I felt like I was going to pass out in church b/c I couldn't catch my breath.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2007, 10:54 PM   #3
(female)

pattee22198 HB User

check into esophageal spasams. this can cause pain in the chest. I had this and thought I was having a heart attack. there is treatment. nitro, calcium channel blockers.

Old 07-30-2007, 05:50 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

hopetofeelwell1 HB User

Hi Mom and Pattee! Thank you both so much. I am really scared right now, because not only is the upper right quadrant pain an issue, but since yesterday (7/29), my diverticulosis is bothering me, too. I read so much about bowel resections and what not and although it is a blessing for some, it's frightening for me. My father and his mother before him had colorectal-- cancer--my father survived it; my grandmother did not. My mother died of stomach cancer(she had ulcers, too) when I was 6. There is a strong familial component to this stuff--my maternal grandmother had her gall bladder out at age 17--so as you can see I keep wondering which family member I will take after. I just keep praying that I can hang on for a month to get the gall bladder surgery because my husband is being operated on on Aug. 10 for double herniated disc surgery. What a healthy family! LOL Take care & thanks--Hopeto

Closed Thread