It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2007, 03:21 PM   #1
(female)

Rawr126 HB User
Excessive Burping?

I became a vegan about 9 months ago. After a few months of being vegan I started burping A LOT. I have virtually no gas aside from the burping. However the burping is REALLY... (extremely) loud. Also there's been some instances in which I just wasn't able to burp and then my stomach was in a lot of pain. Not only is it after I eat, but I constantly burp when laying down, and especially before I go to sleep and when I wake up in the morning. I also burp right after I stand up after sitting down.

Its annoying when I try to go to sleep but I constantly have to sit up and burp.

I wouldn't even care that much because I don't care about burping in front of my family or friends, and I rarely go out to eat, but I'm starting college this fall, and I don't know how I'll get away with it.

I've read quite a few things about excessive burping. I don't believe I'm swallowing air. I eat no differently than I used to. I've improved my posture when eating, but that hasn't helped. Some people have even said it could be from drinking tap water and not washing my vegetables. I now have a filter and wash all veggies/fruits but I haven't been doing it long enough to see improvement.

What I usually eat in a week:
Peanut Butter & Jam
Salads (lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes)
Potatoes
Beans/Lentils (Maybe 2 - 3 times a week)
Pasta
Soy Meatballs
Bread
Almond Milk or Soy Milk
Brown Rice
Grapes
Soy Yogurt
Veggie Stir Frys (Carrots, Broccoli, String Beans)
Wheat Thins
Sorbet

Anyway, it seems to be getting worse and worse. I might plan on seeing my doctor but I feel as if they'll just tell me to do things I've already done, or insist that I'm swallowing excess which I know I'm not.

Also, not sure if this will have anything to do with it but I recently lost a lot of weight (65 pounds) and my stomach will get huge after I eat. Honestly it looks like I'm 4 months pregnant the way it sticks out.

Oh, and again not sure if this makes a difference but I was having a soy cheese. I ate it for a while (few months) then realized it was the "cheese" that was causing me to have a reaction. My face would break out (I don't know if it was pimples, or what) but there was just big red spots all over my face and it looked like I had the chicken pox. I thought maybe it was just hormones but I didn't have the "cheese" for a while and my face cleared up. The next time I had it (couple months later) the next day I woke up with my face in the same condition. Again I stopped and my face is fine. Not sure if the months of having it messed wth my stomach though.

I know I wrote a lot but I wanted to be specific, hopefully someone will have some help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread