It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2007, 04:42 PM   #1
(female)

lotus1234 HB User
Sulfur smelling gas

I have always been a burpy kind of gal, ever since I was little I could belch like a grown man. Growing up, my parents mentioned this to my doctors, but they just usually chalked it up to my allergies and gulping air.

Two months ago, my doctor put me on Nuvaring, birth control. Since then, when the ring is in I have become super bloated and gassier than usually. Also, my gas and burps smell like rotten eggs (sulfurish). Its so bad that my fiance can't sleep in the same room with me because the smell wakes him up!!! Also, since I have been on the ring, I get really constipated and have had to use suppositiories and prune juice to get things moving. However, as soon as I take the ring out for my period, all the symptoms go away. I called and told my doctor's office and the nurse told me to just wait it out another month to see if it resolves itself.

Does anyone know of anything to take to make the sulfer/egg smell go away? What about the constipation???

Old 09-09-2007, 03:23 PM   #2
(female)

radgirl HB User
Re: Sulfer smelling gas

Wow! I never thought I would find someone else who has as bad gas as myself. My gas smelled so bad, that I actually made a girl leave the room once. I was so embarrassed, but what can I do. I too found that the Nuvaring made my gas 100x worse as the months of using it, went on. I have had bad smelling gas before, but never to this extent. Definitely not fun and very painful. I went off the NR 33 days ago and do not plan on going back on it.

As far as gas relief, try Gas X or Phazyme (both are OTC). For the constipation, there is a new OTC by the name of Miralax. Give that a shot. I hope things start looking up for you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread