It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2007, 06:45 PM   #1
(female)

valentine14 HB User
Super Noisy Stomach - Help!!!

Lately I've noticed that my stomach is SO loud. It growls all the time even when I'm not hungry. The noises sound either like growling or gurgling, and they can occur as long as ten seconds! They happen all throughout the day, but mostly after I've eaten. The noises can either be SOOOO loud or almost silent... But when their really quiet, I can still feel the gurgling in my stomach.. It's so embarassing when my stomach growls really loud in a quiet situation.. Does anyone have this problem!?????? Does anyone know what I can do to get rid of the loud noises!!
Thanks

Old 08-02-2007, 02:01 PM   #2
(female)

help wanted :( HB User
Re: Super Noisy Stomach - Help!!!

i too suffer form this very badly as do many other people, ive read many different things and cures that people have tried but still not found the cause or anything that works to cure it. from what i have tried and read my best guess is that its casued by candida... i think it may be from the leaky gut as a result of candida

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2007, 10:55 AM   #3
(female)

valentine14 HB User

Just today I bought a pack of All Bran Bars and I tried eating one... It calmed my stomach down and the noises right now are not as loud as they usually are.. I have a meeting today in two hours, I'll let you know if the bars worked and if my stomach was quiet!

Old 08-09-2007, 10:34 PM   #4
(female)

simple101 HB User

Mine has been a problem for 15 years. I noticed it back when I started to have a dinner date, a drink or two then try to give a kiss goodnight!
It has scared off a guy or two. I am also lactose intolerant. Thankfully my boyfriend doesn't seem to mind at all so I will keep him.

Old 08-11-2007, 01:40 PM   #5
(female)

valentine14 HB User

Its so annoying though and It like will never stop no matter what I do

Old 08-12-2007, 10:07 AM   #6
(female)

there has to be an underlying cause. from what ive read and my experience, i think its either candida, hormone imblance, anemia, food allergy, or ceoliacs. anyone have any other symptoms of any of these conditions? there are lots of people that suffer with this, surely someone has to work out why it happens

Old 08-13-2007, 11:29 AM   #7
(female)

valentine14 HB User

I find that it gets worse when I'm nervous. I get really nervous during meetings because Im so scared my stomach will start growling, which it eventually does. And whenever I'm in a quiet place my stomach gets extra loud, and all i can concentrate on is whether or not my stomach will start making noises. Its like a gurgling/popping noise from my lower abdomen

Old 08-13-2007, 01:30 PM   #8
(female)

i know exactly how you feel, its horrible and has held me back in so many ways

The Following User Says Thank You to help wanted :( For This Useful Post:
sawyer123 (10-18-2012)
Old 08-13-2007, 03:47 PM   #9
(female)

valentine14 HB User

I tried adding extra fibre to my diet, but thats not helping at all. It's gotten to the point where I worry for DAYS AND DAYS before a meeting about whether or not my stomach will make noise. Yesterday at one of my meetings my stomach made the loudest noise ever and It drives me crazy!! I can usually feel where the noise is coming from, for example yesterday it came from the left side of my abdomin. Does anyone know anything about this??

Old 08-14-2007, 06:59 AM   #10
(female)

strangley enough, it seems to come from more of my left side also

Old 08-14-2007, 08:53 PM   #11
Veteran
(male)

Lance0204 HB User

yeah this is really annoying; i usually get it after a BM. i think extra fiber actually makes it worse but there are good reasons to take more fiber so i wouldn't stop that.

Old 08-15-2007, 09:15 AM   #12
(female)

valentine14 HB User

I have also been taking the prescription medication called Minocin for my skin... Apparently it reduces the number of good bacteria in your stomach, and causes abdominal distress... Maybe the Minocin is causing my stomach to go crazy with these noises? Also I think my nervousness and anxiety when I'm in quiet situations may cause these noises aswell... Does anyone else have some sugestions?!

Old 08-15-2007, 11:41 AM   #13
(female)

valentine14 HB User

This problem is literally taking over my life. I get so nervous before meetings or going to the movies because i just KNOW that my stomach will start making noises. I find that if i press down with my hand on the left or right side of my stomach, i can actualy feel my stomach gurgling or pulsing. I get SO INCREDIBLY NERVOUS before meetings. I have one almost every day and I have one coming up in an hour and im so nervous. This problem is horrible! I just wish there was a way of getting rid of it all together. Everyone tells me to just eat something before the meetings, but that makes it worse. And now my nervousness and anxiety makes it wayyy worse and makes my stomach feel heavy and i cnat focus all im thinking about is when my stomach is going to make the next noise and what i should say when it happens.
PLEASE HELP!! i find myself checking this board many times each day! thats how desperate i am

Old 08-15-2007, 12:16 PM   #14
(male)

zevi8 HB User

I'm sorry you are having this problem. I remember having this problem as a kid. It was really embarrassing in school. Do you have a few bowel movements every day? How is your diet? What is a typical day for you?

Old 08-15-2007, 12:30 PM   #15
(male)

zevi8 HB User

There are a few simple things you can do that will probably eliminate this problem. Firstly, eliminate all cereals from your diet. For some reason, it will make your intestinal track very noisy (gurgling). Eat light and often. Snack on fruits and steam your vegetables. Dont overcook them. Eat whole grain breads but not commerical breads. Another cause of all these noises:If you put off a bowel movement or are not near a bathroom, the waste will go back up from your rectum and back into your colon and will cause these noises.Sometimes you unknowingly put off a bowel movement.If you eat animal products they move slowly through the digestive track and become harder to pass. Tip:Every morning drink a glass of water when you wake up and go to the bathroom and sit there for 20 minutes. I would cut back on animal products because there is no fiber in them and will be harder to have bowel movements. Sorry for being graphic but i had this problem when i was a kid and i have learned over the years what causes it and i would like to help you. Btw, i am a vegetarian and i dont have this problem any more. Let me know if i can help you in any way
P.S. what kind of skin problems are you having that you take medicine for?

Last edited by zevi8; 08-15-2007 at 12:35 PM.

Closed Thread