It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2007, 06:41 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

wonderingtoo HB User
Pain for over 1 1/2 years, now orange coated tongue, upper right abdominal pain.

Please, someone help me. My doctor and medical group has basically written me off as a hypochondriac.

For over 1 1/2 years I've had ON AND OFF pain in the right side of my abdomen, flank and lower back. Sometimes it is a burning pain and sometimes with pressure, like something is in there. Sometimes I feel it all the way down to my pelivc area.

For the past 3 weeks I've had an orangish coating on my tongue, I can brush part of it off, but it comes back. My mouth has been really dry too. The doctor gave me an oral fungus medication, but really had no clue what could cause it. He didn't take a culture, and won't refer me to ENT or dermatology because he thinks I concentrate on inconsequential things that are not a big deal. Basically, he thinks I'm a hypochondriac.

The reason for this belief is all the pain I've had for over 1 1/2 years. I've been to several docs about this, and had an abdominal u/s in March of 2006, and an abdominal CTscan in Sept of 2006. All my bloodwork has been normal. They've told me nothing is wrong with me, yet right now I feel horrible. Sometimes I feel fine for a few weeks at a time.

Right now it's really my upper right quadrant that hurts, what would be the area of my liver. I just had bloodwork done and my liver counts were fine. Also normal urine. Also just had a normal small bowel follow through.

PLEASE help if you've had similar symptoms.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2007, 09:22 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

wonderingtoo HB User
Re: Pain for over 1 1/2 years, now orange coated tongue, upper right abdominal pain.

Forgot to mention I had my gallbladder out 13 years ago.

Old 08-28-2007, 10:13 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

wonderingtoo HB User
Re: Pain for over 1 1/2 years, now orange coated tongue, upper right abdominal pain.

Any response would be great. It hurts under my ribs alot too and sometimes my ribs are sore to the touch on the right side.

The following user gives a hug of support to wonderingtoo:
melody627 (01-25-2011)
Old 08-28-2007, 11:09 AM   #4
(female)

phillyeagle5 HB User
Cool Re: Pain for over 1 1/2 years, now orange coated tongue, upper right abdominal pain.

Is it a constant pain? Do you feel the pain gets worse a few days before your period?

Old 08-28-2007, 01:06 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

wonderingtoo HB User

I've tried to determine if it's related to my period, but it doesn't seem to be. I can have this pain every day for 3 months straight. Then go 2 months without it.

Old 08-28-2007, 01:57 PM   #6
(female)

phillyeagle5 HB User

Have you looked into the symptoms of "Endometriosis"? For years I also have had chronic (everyday) back pain. I haven't had any surgeries but have had 4 children (all natural). But in Jan/Feb of this year I started having a pain in my left hip and my lower back area. It was faint at first but then was constant. No matter if I sat or lay down. It gets worse a few days before my period. I also have pain with sex (before, during & after). My periods have become REALLY DARK...so, I went to the doctor and she said it was probably a pulled muscle. I told her that it felt "deep". That it didn't feel like a pulled muscle to me. Who hasn't had a pulled muscle before? Plus I told her I hadn't fallen or injured myself? She said to come back in a week or two if it didn't go away...IT DIDN'T :-0 I have been back several times since then and because of people here and everywhere on the net. I have been able to educate myself about my own symptoms...well, I finally, after about 3-4 months and suggesting to my family medicine if they could check for endometriosis (some women go years without a diagnosis) I was referred to an ob/gyn...Since then, I have been on Vicodin (everyday) for pain and have encountered a painful sigmoidoscopy (another story) which came back fine...I will FINALLY go in for laparoscopy surgery on Sept. 24th, 2007 to confirm diagnosis :-) Laparoscopy is the only way to confirm endometriosis. Don't know why... Maybe you should push for other diagnosis or see an ob/gyn?...hope this helps...take care, I.

Old 08-28-2007, 02:03 PM   #7
(female)

phillyeagle5 HB User
Question Re: Pain for over 1 1/2 years, now orange coated tongue, upper right abdominal pain.

They don't know what causes endo but scar tissue is one of the suspected causes...

Old 08-28-2007, 04:54 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

wonderingtoo HB User

My OB-GYN actually mentioned the possibility of doing to lap for endo. I've done a lot of research on it as well. I have lumps on the right side of my abdominal wall, which I mentioned to my GP and he just brushed off. I guess I figure if it was something really bad, it would be getting worse, not just coming and going. I may have the lap to check for endo, but I'm feeling it more in my upper abdomen than before, and now the coated tongue thing. I don't think it could be related to endo.

Old 08-28-2007, 10:39 PM   #9
(female)

phillyeagle5 HB User

Most of my pain is just above my left hip area...I've researched endo and it can be in alot of places...also, some people don't even have pain at all...and even if you have major pain (like me), you could only have a small amount of endo...you could have barely any pain and have alot of it...just depends, I guess...a little confusing to me...about a month to two months ago I noticed a lump the size of a grapefruit on my left side (between my hip bone and my upper thigh) and my ob/gyn said it was probably a nerve...I guess I'm just going to wait for them to do my lap and hope they find something to explain or confirm why I am having so much pain in that area...hope this helps :-)

Last edited by phillyeagle5; 08-28-2007 at 10:42 PM. Reason: added

Closed Thread