It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2007, 09:38 PM   #1
(female)

Georgigirl HB User
A little help with my symptoms please?...new member

Hello, my name is Georgi and I have been struggling with digestive problems for some time now. To add to my troubles I got a nasty bacteria in February of this year, (Campylobacter), which caused intestinal bleeding that sent me to hospital.My recovery took forever (my colon just seemed to stop working), anything I ate caused me pain. My absorption was next to zero and I looked grey. I went to a Naturopath/GP, (he is both...amazingly), and he put me on a potent Probiotic and Pigs Pancreas Enzymes. The Probiotic to help my bowel and the Enzymes to digest my foods. I get along but I am uncomfortable a lot of the time (bloating) I also learned from genetic testing that I am Gluten intolerant. Having said all this, I am very carefull with what I eat and I also take a series of vitamin supplements and cleanses.

What I want to know specifically is if anyone shares the following symptoms with me and is it colitis or an autoimmune disease or both? Ever since I became sick with the Campylobacter virus I often have a sore eye, that comes and goes, and sometimes a sore elbow and other sore spots that just seem to come and go. Also, a LOW GRADE FEVER, that makes me feel slightly nauseated and completly tired and weak. This also comes with sore muscles. I also have to go to have a bowel movement at least 2-3 times a day if not more and when I have a fever this increases to 6,7,8 times. Not diahhera but more of a loose bowel than usual. I also have a fullness in my rectum a lot of the time that urges me to go and sit on the toilet even though I don't have to go very much or not at all. All in all, I have to go more. My Ferrtin is also low but that has been going on for years. I think it has become chronic because of my dysfunctional digestive system and now bowel. Sometimes when the fever gets bad, I get a Migraine and I am sick with a fever and sore muscles for days...and it's strange because I hurt in different places at different times like my whole spine or then just my lower back, or then in my upper back, or my neck. IS THIS COLITIS or an Autoimmune Disorder that could have been triggered. Does anyone have a similar experience. All of this really takes away my quality of life. I am now getting iron injections for which I am ETERNALLY greatfull but I know that I have underlying reasons for this and I just want to know what I am dealing with. Georgi

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2007, 09:16 PM   #2
(female)

Georgigirl HB User
Re: A little help with my symptoms please?...new member

Nothing. No one with a similar experience?

Old 09-29-2007, 10:51 AM   #3
(female)

cdnsnolady HB User

What strength and how often do you take the probiotic? I take acidophilus...5 billion active cells 3x daily when stomach acting up. I also had bleeding, black stools,coffee grounds vomit, before finding ulcer caused by h pylori. Any time you take an antibiotic, you'll have to take probiotic to restore stomach.. even if pylori gone. Even check your supplemements..they may contain gluten. Good luck!!

Old 09-29-2007, 11:10 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

ZoeGirl HB User

From what I understand, colitis and crohn's are both believed to be autoimmune disorders.

The pain you are describing could be from a number of digestive disorders. Have they done a colonoscopy? I ask because it was the last test performed on me and I was finally diagnosed. I seem to read that is true for a lot of people (and makes me wonder why they don't do it sooner). If I let a flare up (crohn's) go without treatment my joints ache, and it's a noted symptom of crohn's.. I also just feel like I have a fever and I am lethargic/stiff. I think the back pain is from pressure, I get this some times as well.

I don't know anything about the bacteria you fought but I am left wondering if you were checked for other diseases. I'd ask for further testing as well as researching colitis and crohn's (similar/same just affect different areas of your digestive tract). Still it could be any number of things. I was miserable before being diagnosed, but now that it is identified I feel like I am living a normal life again. Good luck, fight for yourself and get treated!

Closed Thread