It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2007, 11:52 AM   #1
(male)

Jt7054 HB User
Tested positive for h pylori antibodies, now what?

So I went to the doc because I've been tired all the time and have had an upset stomach on and off for a while. He ran a bunch of tests and they all came back ok, but I did test positive for the h pylori bacteria antibodies. The doc said that unless I was having stomach pains, I shouldn't worry about it for now, and that just seeing antibodies doesn't necessarily mean anything. Does this sound right? I understand that just having the antibodies means that I either have it or have had it before. My doc (who Im not going to anymore) isn't always very thorough.

I think I'm going to make an appt with the gastro intestinal doc just to double check. I have been nauseated a lot for the last month and don't always feel well after I eat.

Old 09-18-2007, 01:28 PM   #2
(male)

Aarondawg HB User
Re: Tested positive for h pylori antibodies, now what?

Hey, if you have been having stomach problems off and on, the h pylori bacteria is most likely the culprit. I tested positive for it in 2006 and given the triple pack antibiotic to kill it.

One important note is that once your blood tests positive for the bacteria, it will always do so. Hence, a breathe test is best if you are tested for it again or if you end up having a endoscopy a tissue biospy can confirm it. I had one because it has been determined that the bacteria causes most ulcers and not stress. I did not have an ulcer nor the bacteria any more, per the biospy. I had gastritis.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Aarondawg

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-29-2007, 10:33 AM   #3
(female)

cdnsnolady HB User
Re: Tested positive for h pylori antibodies, now what?

Endoscopy almost missed my ulcer because it was situated between upper and lower intestine. After that discovery was tested to see if ulcer caused by pylori, which it was. Treatment was antibiotics to kill bad bacteria, but it also killed good bacteria necessary for stomach to digest foods properly. Docs don't seem to be up to speed yet on PROBIOTICS after antibiotics. I went on acidophilus(5B strength) myself to restore my stomach and occasionally( like now) go back on when problems arise.

Closed Thread