It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2007, 06:19 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Hamilton92 HB UserHamilton92 HB User
Please help! Nausea, burning stomach and weakness!

I've been sick on and off for about 3 years now. I have constant nausea and stomach burning, usually right around my belly button area and just above it.
I have either diarreah or constipation. Usually my symptoms get really bad during my menstrual cycle and just after.
Like this month I am just ending my menstrual cycle and I've been hit with a big wave or burning, nausea and weakness.
My lower back has really been hurting lately over the last couple of days. When I stand for longer than a few minutes my back really starts hurting and I feel weak and nauseous.
I am really getting scared. I have an appointment with a new gastroentrologist on October 3 to hopefully diagnose and finally come to a solution and diagnosis to my stomach problems. I also haven't been able to eat solid foods because of very great difficulty swalllowing sollids for the last year to year and a half I'd say. I can't eat hamburgers, bread, pasta, etc, anything solid. Somedays I even have trouble swallowing liquids.
I just want an end to this but over the last couple of days I feel so weak and I had a bad bout of diarreah too that I'm sure contributed.
What can I be eating or drinking to help fight my burning stomach, nausea and weakness? Please help! Does anyone feel this way too?
Any advice please is so greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Old 09-30-2007, 07:24 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

B143C HB User
Re: Please help! Nausea, burning stomach and weakness!

Bladder or kidney infections can cause low pain and low to mid back pain. It can also make you very nauseous. Make sure you are drinking plenty of clear liquids - if you think you may have a bladder or kidney infection call your doc.

Burning pain can also be caused be gastritis, which is inflammation in the lining of the stomach. It is characterized by a burning, gnawing pain from mild to severe, tenderness to the touch, nausea . . . Try taking OTC Zantac twice a day and eating a bland diet if you think you have this until you can get to the doc. Gastritis is rarely serious and most people will get it at least once in their life.

GERD can cuase difficulty swallowing which can go hand in hand with gastritis. Too much acid in the stomach can cause gastritis.

Pancreas issues are felt on the left side and cause nausea. My son had pancreatitis. He was very sick and in a lot of pain. If you've had blood tests and your lipase and amalyse came back normal, that would rule that out.

Good luck and God bless!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread