It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2007, 12:27 PM   #1
(male)

Lewis12 HB User
Constantly Burping

Hey there. For the past week my throat has been bothering me but now any dryness or grogginess I was feeling has been completley dropped for another sympton. The last few days I have been constantly burping, it feels like everytime I burp I am releasing lots of air from my body like I have too much in it at first I thought this was indigestion but I've taken loads of medicines such as Andrew's Salt, Gaviscon, TUMS etc and no luck. Its annoying to put up with and i dont feel like having any appetite for eating, also food feels as if it would get stuck in the throat. Any advice or others feeling this would be great, going to doctors on wednesday anyway. I'm also known to suffer from refluxand had a barium a couple years back, so could this burping be possible sympton towards GERD? Thanks in advance.

Old 10-24-2007, 06:37 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

nina27 HB User
Re: Constantly Burping

hello. i have the same problem as well. for almost 2 yrs. now. burping like crazy especially after meals any meal healthy or unhealthy. i am also nauseated in the morning nausea goes awway but comes back. i feel food is stuck in my esophagus too. i also regrugitate food not often but it feels it will come out partially digested food. i did endoscopy negative now dec5th i have appoitment to do gastric emtying test so i will see what it is????? i am also having very bad anxiety problem so i contribute all that to stress i cant sleep as well. i went thru rough time during the war in my country so that is what is causing all this. also i have done a lot of blood work everything ok. so what are your other symptoms except burping????
keep us posted please thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-24-2007, 09:58 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ol'Line Rebel HB UserOl'Line Rebel HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis12 View Post
Hey there. For the past week my throat has been bothering me but now any dryness or grogginess I was feeling has been completley dropped for another sympton. The last few days I have been constantly burping, it feels like everytime I burp I am releasing lots of air from my body like I have too much in it at first I thought this was indigestion but I've taken loads of medicines such as Andrew's Salt, Gaviscon, TUMS etc and no luck. Its annoying to put up with and i dont feel like having any appetite for eating, also food feels as if it would get stuck in the throat. Any advice or others feeling this would be great, going to doctors on wednesday anyway. I'm also known to suffer from refluxand had a barium a couple years back, so could this burping be possible sympton towards GERD? Thanks in advance.
All sounds alot like GERD, or at least things that lead to refluxing. My prime symptom that alarmed me that something was terribly wrong was 2 days solid of constant "burping" (internal, silent burps with feeling of opening in the chest, not the obnoxious public kind everyone thinks of) about ever minute or less. It still is my main constant symptom (I'm convinced it's the LES opening, being weak; also involves the UES popping open in a "burp"), albeit not as frequent as then! Before that, I never much even silent-burped (and almost never did "real" burps in my whole life). Food-sticking is common, too, for GERD. So is throat soreness, if refluxate reaches up there alot - acid/bile hurts the throat easier than the esophagus.

Old 12-01-2007, 05:11 AM   #4
(male)

Lewis12 HB User

Hi. Thanks for the replies and sorry for taking so long to reply back.

Well my other symptons at the current moment would be, irritated throat, dryness of throat in morning, stomach rumblings at times (when lieing down some nights i can hear it my stomach moving and sloshing about at night with every turn) and im currently gonna start another course of Omeprazole capsules. I haven't been getting much reflux coming up of late, just odd bit her eor there but still feeling like i need to burp a lot, anyway next time i visit docs ill probably get an endoscopy scheduled. thats been about 3 months now .

Closed Thread