It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2007, 11:20 AM   #16
(male)

raulromo34 HB User
Cool Re: I have more gas now than I ever had in my life.

when i eat most of the time...about 10 minutes go by and i have to go to the bathroom....healthy right?? well i get lots of gas throughout the day..sometime i even go to the bathroom two or three times a day...good digestive system right?? well i get the rumbling stomache and loud girgulling almost always at night...wife asks if i am hungry...and i am not...it usually happens if i lie on my left side...( i guess i put pressure on my abdomin) and i will even burp... i will get the noises sometimes when i lie on my back but won't burp...i have tried tums, pecid ac...don't really work. i read a few threads that metioned artificial sweetners..some are in soda....i do drink soda and get gas (burps) from it , but doesn't everyone... can anyone help?

Old 11-24-2007, 07:51 PM   #17
(female)

nettie1257 HB User
Re: I have more gas now than I ever had in my life.

I don't know if this helps you any, but I have the same problem . But I can eat anything at all and if I don't get to the bathroom within five minutes I will have a big mess to clean up. My body will let loose with an explosive pressure like a gun going off moving my bowles. The doctors all tell me this is normal after having gallbladder surgry. But my surgry was in Jan of 1974! Not 2007 So what is causing the problem now! Nettie1257

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-24-2007, 08:00 PM   #18
(female)

nettie1257 HB User

I don't know if it could be my meds or not I'm a type two diabetic on pills and insulin plus I take meds for depression and nerves. All I know is if I eat like they want me to. I will stay in the bathroom the rest of my life.

Old 11-25-2007, 11:24 AM   #19
Veteran
(female)

Connie122516 HB User

If you eat pop tarts for breakfast, a sandwich for lunch, and pizza sometimes for dinner, you are eating TONS of wheat. (Plus, it is probably hidden in lots of other products you wouldn't think of that would have wheat, like mushroom soup or soy sauce).

At least one study has found an association between people with IBS and an intolerance for gluten/wheat. Gluten intolerance can develop at any age.

I have similar problems, and am experimenting with eliminating wheat from my diet. It's only been about 2 days, but I think I'm starting to notice a difference. (The diet is a pain, because I love bread, pasta, etc., but if it will give me relief, I think I will stick with it).

If it isn't the wheat, odds are it's the dairy....

Old 11-27-2007, 10:30 AM   #20
Veteran
(female)

Laura B HB User
Unhappy Re: I have more gas now than I ever had in my life.

I love yoghurt but it also gives me lots of gas, therefore I eat it only at night when I'm home by myself! Any kind of dairy products, especially cheese, which I love, gets me going. Fortunately I live by myself and can just let go, but if I'm with company, I sometimes go through agony with my bloated stomach.

Old 11-27-2007, 12:20 PM   #21
Inactive
(female)

April7 HB User

Laura are you perhaps just lactose intolerant?

Closed Thread