It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2007, 02:26 PM   #1
(female)

leeleede1 HB User
Gnawing right stomach pain..belching food, very itchy! HELP!!

I am in the middle of having many many tests. I feel absolutely fine in the morning when I wake up. As soon as I put ANYTHING in my stomach, within minutes, I get a right sides pain under my rib cage. Bloating........belching & a squeezing gnawing pain...sometimes feels like a heart beat in there. Goes to my shoulders & even sometimes down near kidney area. I get very very very itch and almost scratch my face and head to shreds. It calms down within a couple of hours. Fiber cereal will surely throw me into one of these attacks big time. Had a piece of cake at work with great icing, I thought I was going to die. If I eat an actual light meal, I will almost immediately start burping up "food" (I know....very disgusting) I have this every single day. I have lost about 10 lbs because I'm afraid to eat anything. If I eat and I induce vomiting, I can get rid of the pain. I have had an Endoscopy, cat scan, MRI/MRU & an Ultrasound....all of which came out perfectly normal. My blood tests show a slightly elevated amylase & hdl but that's about it. I'm ready to throw in the towel. I feel so poor that I it's scaring me. This has been going on for about 6 weeks now. I have a rash on the nape of my neck (don't know if this is part of it or not) When I have a BM, there's an "oil slick" in the bowl. What is going on with me??????? I am a young 59 year old female in otherwise very good health. Does any one have any ideas. I'm scheduled to see "Gastro-Man" next week. I'm at wits end. Pleeeeeeeeeeze help!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-27-2007, 09:31 PM   #2
(male)

Collector167 HB UserCollector167 HB UserCollector167 HB UserCollector167 HB UserCollector167 HB UserCollector167 HB User
Re: Gnawing right stomach pain..belching food, very itchy! HELP!!

Belching, nausea, bloating, gnawing pain and pain on the right side are all common symptoms of gallbladder issues. As are pains in the back, shoulder, etc.

The ultrasound cannot see "sludge", cannot see inflammation or problems with the ducts leading out of the gallbladder. Hopefully, your gastro doc will send you for a HIDA scan.

Old 10-28-2007, 08:40 AM   #3
(female)

leeleede1 HB User

Thanks for your response, Collector167. I had my gall bladder taken out about ten yrs ago. These attacks are very very similar to the Gall bladder attacks I had prior to the surgery. I didn't have the itching that I'm having now. The Doc I saw on Friday, mentioned that it might be due to a "Sphincter" problem. Since, I have no idea whatsoever what that is, I'm still pretty much in the dark. That doc called "Gastro-Man" and shared views & I see "Gastro-Guy" Tuesday. It is very scary feeling so very sick and just plain not knowing what's causing it. The last time I was in the ER this past week, I told my husband that I felt this had to be some kind of cancer, because it was THAT painful. I've never felt like this before. Very scary. Thanks for the response. I think I'm going to be very happy having found this forum so I could talk to people who have perhaps gone through the same thing and share experiences. When I get MY answer, I will surely post it on this forum so it will help other people.

Old 10-28-2007, 01:13 PM   #4
(female)

sophie2007 HB User

Hi. I had that "oil slick" BM the first couple of weeks after my gallbladder surgery last June. Doc said it was from a bile leak. Wish I could help you more. I have, however, talked to a couple of people after my surgery who actually get a blocked bile duct years after GB surgery. I hope it isn't a blocked sphincter. However, there are a lot of people in this forum who have had experience with that. YOu should post a new thread asking for info about it. Good luck...soph

Closed Thread