It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2007, 05:53 AM   #1
(female)

Maxine B HB User
I have symptoms related to GERD but nothing showed up when i had an endoscopy

I have symptoms related to G.E.R.D but nothing showed up when i had an endoscopy i also have I.B.S symptoms. In the past two months these symptoms have gone from bad to worse. Help !!!!!!

Last edited by Maxine B; 10-28-2007 at 06:12 AM. Reason: to give more info

Old 10-28-2007, 05:05 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ol'Line Rebel HB UserOl'Line Rebel HB User
Re: I have symptoms related to GERD but nothing showed up when i had an endoscopy

A negative endoscopy doesn't mean you don't have GERD. You could just not have any visible damage - yet. If med's like PPIs aren't helping you, you might want to ask about other tests. The alleged "definitive" (I have my doubts) test for GERD is a pH monitoring test; also considerably helpful is the manometry test. There are also other upper GI tests which might be performed to rule out other issues.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-29-2007, 06:23 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

nina27 HB User
Re: I have symptoms related to GERD but nothing showed up when i had an endoscopy

i have the same problem had an endoscopy nothing will have gastric emtying test in december no relieve from symptoms. nausea, indigestions, burping, from bad to worse. maybe it is gallbladder

Old 10-29-2007, 08:53 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

lefta HB Userlefta HB User

Yeah, the fact that they saw nothing just indicates that they can't see any physical damage. Not that you don't have problems with acid reflux. Sometimes they can see the reflux, like they did with me, but not always. Just be happy they didn't see any damage.

I don't see a PH test as a definitive test for GERD (as far as making a diagnosis of GERD). Many or most people who suffer from GERD actually have low stomach acid. That's my problem. Few people make too much acid. A PH test would be very helpful, however, in helping you determine how best to attack your problem.

Closed Thread