It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2007, 10:32 PM   #1
(male)

Gar2007 HB User
Questions on Pancreas

Hi,

I had been posting in the acid reflux board, thinking that was the cause of my loss of appetite and nausea. Now it seems my pancreas is inflamed. I've had CT scan inject w/dye, sonogram and blood work. The doc thought I had gallstones but my sonogram only showed a small polyp and he mentioned this wasnt causing my symptoms. CT scan was normal, but the blood work showed a small inflamation in my pancreas. After going to the ER last night due to real bad chills, he said that the inflamation of my pancreas is causing my symptoms. He also said I would need time to heal and stay on a liquid diet and plenty of rest and follow up with my GI. So is there medicine to help the pancreatic enzymes get back to normal for my pancreas? Has anyone had this problem? Any responses would be appreciated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-09-2007, 04:31 PM   #2
(male)

Gar2007 HB User
Re: Questions on Pancreas

Anyone have any comments on this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-10-2007, 06:26 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

B143C HB User

It is called pancreatitis. My little boy had it last year. It is usually acute and happens only once, although it may flare up until it heals. If they are letting you heal at home on a liquid diet, that's great. My little boy had to be on purely iv fluid for four days. No food, no water by mouth. Just follow the doctor's orders and you might consider going to your doctor's lab weekly to see if your amalyse/lipase levels are going down any. I can't remember which one it is, but one of those takes longer to go back down. It took his about three weeks to return to normal completely. He is doing wonderfully now. God is good!

Old 11-10-2007, 08:21 PM   #4
(male)

Gar2007 HB User

Im sorry to hear your son went thru that at an early age. I hope is doing better.

I had these symptoms for about three weeks, then they went away for about 5 days. However once they went away I ate a lot of greasy and fatty foods which I think may have triggered it up again. Since then I have been feeling sick for about a month. I didnt know until a few nights ago that eating makes this condition worse (my diet is not great until recently). They said my enzymes were slightly elevated. I have my follow up on Monday with my GI, and I hope a get some medicine or something cause I just feel so horrible. I just also hope there are no more tests involved because I am just tired of this. I wasted so much time assuming this was acid reflux and even had an endoscopy done.

Thanks for your reply and god bless you and your family!

Closed Thread