It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2007, 11:33 AM   #1
(male)

knoxweb1 HB User
Hcv right side discomfort

for a few years i have had on and off right side discomfort. now since treatment for hcv i cleared,the symptoms are worse post 2 months tx.discomfort under right rib,sometimes around to back.labs are normal cea,afp normal and hand exam of area ok last scan was before treatmentin april 07.all blood urine is fine.its worse when i sit,sleep it gets better when i 1st wake up i feel normal

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-11-2007, 07:03 PM   #2
(male)

Collector167 HB UserCollector167 HB UserCollector167 HB UserCollector167 HB UserCollector167 HB UserCollector167 HB User
Re: Hcv right side discomfort

From what I have read those with Hepatitis C are at greater risk for gallbladder problems.

Classic signs for gallbladder problems include pain in right ribs or below the ribs, pain in the back, pain in right shoulder. From my experience some of the worst pain was when I lay down at night to sleep, for a while I was having pain in right and left side ribs, so I had to sleep flat on my back all night long.

If the Dr. thinks it might be the gallbladder, the HIDA scan is the best test for gallbladder function.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread