It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2007, 07:00 AM   #1
(female)

Narda99 HB User
Does this sound right?

It is now three weeks past my H Pylori antibiotic treatment, although I am still on the bismuth and Nexium, I am still having stomach problems. My doctor says it takes a long while to heal the ulcer even though the bacteria has been eradicated. She says sometimes it can take three months for it to heal. I hate to think of suffering three more months before I feel well. Does this sound right?

Old 11-12-2007, 08:45 PM   #2
(female)

mizzaj HB User
Re: Does this sound right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narda99 View Post
It is now three weeks past my H Pylori antibiotic treatment, although I am still on the bismuth and Nexium, I am still having stomach problems. My doctor says it takes a long while to heal the ulcer even though the bacteria has been eradicated. She says sometimes it can take three months for it to heal. I hate to think of suffering three more months before I feel well. Does this sound right?
Hi Narda,

Very interesting. I've been off of my triple therapy for a month now (though I was not advised to continue taking a PPI and was never on bismuth) and I feel no difference in my symptoms. I just assumed that it wasn't the H Pylori causing the problems in the first place, but maybe it just takes a while like your doctor said? If I knew with certainty that in two more months my problems would be gone, I could live with the discomfort I've been having. Of course, they never detected if I had an ulcer or gastritis--- mainly because they did the endoscopy and biopsy after i had been on Protonix for 6 weeks-- which can cause false negatives in the testing, according to my doc.

Hang in there and keep asking your doc questions to make sure it's not something else just in case. I actually won't be finding out if my H Pylori is gone for another week, so it's possible mine isn't gone. Do you know if your's was eradicated? Good luck, and keep us posted....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-14-2007, 05:21 AM   #3
(female)

Narda99 HB User

Thanks for replying to my message. I am not sure that my H Pylori is gone, but my doctor is assuming that it is. I will have to be checked later to see if it is. I do have days and nights (nights can be the worst) that I feel just wonderful (yesterday being one of them.) But the days that I am bad, I am REALLY bad. I will wait a couple more weeks and check back with the doctor. I am hoping she is right; that it will gradually get better. I have been on Nexium for a few years prior to this episode. And the Carafate (bismuth) is for maintenance purposes. Good luck to you, too. I hope you are feeling better. It is a miserable feeling to have.

Old 11-14-2007, 08:11 AM   #4
(female)

mizzaj HB User

Quote:
Thanks for replying to my message. I am not sure that my H Pylori is gone, but my doctor is assuming that it is. I will have to be checked later to see if it is. I do have days and nights (nights can be the worst) that I feel just wonderful (yesterday being one of them.) But the days that I am bad, I am REALLY bad. I will wait a couple more weeks and check back with the doctor. I am hoping she is right; that it will gradually get better. I have been on Nexium for a few years prior to this episode. And the Carafate (bismuth) is for maintenance purposes. Good luck to you, too. I hope you are feeling better. It is a miserable feeling to have.
Hi Narda,

I think it's a good sign that you have days where you feel wonderful. I can't say that I've had a day like that. Most of my days are either okay or not so great. Never really bad, but never really good either. Hopefully as time goes by, you will have more wonderful days, and fewer and fewer bad days. Perhaps it is just your system adjusting to the H Pylori being gone. I still think my problem may be gall bladder related. But if it is H Pylori and it's not gone for some reason, I can't imagine doing another course of those hideous antibiotics. But I guess I'll know soon enough! Keep me posted on your situation!

Old 11-15-2007, 05:18 AM   #5
(female)

Narda99 HB User

Thanks again for keeping in touch with my postings. I am hoping that I will gradually improve. Yesterday was not too bad, and last night wasn't bad either. I just never know from day to day what to expect. I hope you are doing well and please keep me informed of your progress. I guess misery likes company. :-)

Old 11-15-2007, 07:49 AM   #6
(female)

mizzaj HB User

Quote:
Thanks again for keeping in touch with my postings. I am hoping that I will gradually improve. Yesterday was not too bad, and last night wasn't bad either. I just never know from day to day what to expect. I hope you are doing well and please keep me informed of your progress. I guess misery likes company. :-)
Misery definitely likes company, there is no question about that! I'm glad you had a decent day yesterday. My day yesterday was actually pretty decent as well. But I feel like you do-- I never know what to expet from day to day. Just when I think I'm on the mend, I'll have a day where things don't feel quite right. It's very frustrating. But I guess we have to be thankful for the good days-- whenever they are! take care, AJ

Closed Thread