It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2007, 02:42 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

B143C HB User
Question Endoscopy Done - Now What? Please Help

Hi guys. My doctor's nurse called today and said that my biopsy was negative from my endoscopy. Does that mean the entire test was fine. She said I did not have gastritis like they first thought.

I've had a normal HIDA scan, barium swallow, ultrasound. She said he wants to see me next week just to see what to do from here. What comes next guys? Should this be good news?

Thanks so much for your help. It really puts my mind at ease . . . and with three little ones to care for, I really need the peace of mind! =)

God bless you all!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-12-2007, 05:28 PM   #2
(female)

Texas Tomato HB User
Re: Endoscopy Done - Now What? Please Help

That is good news!

Mine came out normal too, so my doctor basically said just keep treating the acid reflux, eating small meals, eating plenty of fiber and taking fiber supplements, and lose some weight. It does seem to help, and I don't get as anxious now even when I have symptoms because I know my innards look okay.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-12-2007, 06:43 PM   #3
(female)

peacefrog HB User

My endoscopy was normal too, but had a lessening of the symptoms after it. The procedure stretches the esophagus a bit and I think that helped. I agree that knowing everything is okay relaxes us which also helps.

Old 11-12-2007, 08:50 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

B143C HB User

Thanks so much, guys! That really eased my mind. =) I'm glad you are all feeling much better! =) God bless you all!

Old 11-13-2007, 02:21 PM   #5
(male)

JimK HB User

JUst a note. I have achalasia and dysphagia of the esophagus. Have had colonoscopies and endoscopies many times. My GI sent me to the Medical University of SC to the #! doctor in the world for esophageal problems. You want believe what he prescribed!!! Botox injections of the esophagus. They Work!!! I had one about a year ago---swallowing problems improved. I had another this past week. They didn't help my looks but they sure helped my problem. Just thought this might give you some info.

Jim

Closed Thread