It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2007, 10:32 PM   #1
(female)

rooroolachoo HB User
Some type of digestive "attack"? Gallstones?

This past saturday I ate a sandwich-nothing particularly fatty and some fries (kinda fatty!). About 4 hours later I was driving and became extremely uncomfortable. I was having pain in my upper right quadrant. It was also in my shoulders. I have a 3 year old and had carried her around a lot that day, so I thought perhaps I had pulled something. Time went on and the pain got worse. After about an hour, I had to hand the wheel over to someone else because I was so uncomfortable. I got home and started getting the chills. I started with yellow bile diarrhea and this progressed to vomiting. I ended up having diarrhea all night. It was bright yellow bile in color. The next day I was better, but not great. It took me the remainder of the weekend to really recover.

What does this sound like to you? Just possibly some food poisoning or a stomach bug or should I make an appointment at my general practitioner just to discuss this "episode"? I am back to normal now...having some gas and perhaps even a little constipation, but nothing major.

Any ideas?

Old 11-13-2007, 09:05 AM   #2
(female)

rooroolachoo HB User
Re: Some type of digestive "attack"? Gallstones?

anyone? Please!?!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-13-2007, 12:55 PM   #3
(female)

marnb77 HB User

it could be food poisoning, but it sounds like gallbladder to me. I had the same sort of problems before I had mine out. I would go to a gastro dr and have them look for gallstones or have a hida scan.

Old 11-13-2007, 01:06 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Linda_in_NJ HB User

It does sound like gall bladder but it also sounds like pancreatitis. If this kind of episode happens again, get to a doc asap. The stomach is nothing to play games with. Good luck

Old 11-13-2007, 06:51 PM   #5
(female)

rooroolachoo HB User

I made an appointment with my GP tomorrow. Perhaps he will refer me to someone else or get some tests done. Thanks.

Old 11-13-2007, 07:38 PM   #6
(female)

marnb77 HB User

great, please keep us posted.

Old 11-16-2007, 09:34 PM   #7
(female)

rooroolachoo HB User
Unhappy Re: Some type of digestive "attack"? Gallstones? UPDATE

Just an update-

I did see the doctor, he sent me for an ultrasound and I do, in fact, have stones. So I have a surgical consult on Tuesday. I don't know what to think, but I have to admit that I am walking on eggshells afraid of having another attack. I am nervous nelly.

Old 11-17-2007, 05:06 AM   #8
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Stay away from fatty foods and you should be OK till you can get this thing out. You'll have some soreness and maybe a little queasiness but the actual pain should be OK as long as you don't ingest any fat. Good luck.

Closed Thread