It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2007, 09:41 AM   #1
(male)

Gar2007 HB User
Gastroparesis and Reglan

My doc first thought it was my gallbladder, due to a slightly inflamed pancreas. Ultrasound and HIDA scan came back normal. My doc was puzzled on why I was nauseous all day without eating and a loss of appetite. On the HIDA scan, the radiologist said the dye went from the gallbladder to the small intestine and came back up into the stomach. My doc says you probably have gastroparesis. It makes some sense, it would explain all of my chest and throat/GERD problems. Had my gastric emptying study yesterday (although it only took an hour, the nurse said that was their standard time) and get results on Monday.

I was giving Reglan, how long does this take to work? If it is the correct diagnosis, why would I get it? I am not diabetic, I dont have thyroid problems, I was in great health and athletic and I am still young. I have had this for about two months, although it went away for about a week and then came back. Is this hope that I can be normal again? I am just so tired and want this to go away. Any responses would be appreciated. Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-16-2007, 12:41 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

sam78 HB User
Re: Gastroparesis and Reglan

hey Gar there is a thread on here titled gastroparesis, please share. I started it a long long time ago and there is lotsssssssssss of posts on there. We discuss exactly your same topic on there. i know there is a lot of pages on it but take some time and read through it, you will find it extremely helpfull I am sure. And feel free to post on it, its like a little group of gastroparesis sufferers on there. I posted you a message on there so it would bring the thread to the current page.

Last edited by sam78; 11-16-2007 at 12:47 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-16-2007, 06:00 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pika HB User
Re: Gastroparesis and Reglan

I posted there. It seems diabetes with gastroparesis is not belong to that group. Very disappointed.

Closed Thread