It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2007, 11:22 AM   #1
(female)

Janatee HB UserJanatee HB User
HELP CO2 Pressure on the bowel

Hi All. My husband just had his gallbladder out on Thurs. He has 4 small holes. The operation was a success, BUT they gas they injected in him, is really taking its toll. He walked the floor all night very uncomfortable. He says he feels like he needs to have a bowel movement, but nothing is moving. We called the doc's office today, and was told by his nurse, this can be normal for some people. The gas is pushing on the intestine, and the bladder. He is urinating every 15 minutes.... She feels that there is some stool in the upper intestine, and that the gas is pressing on that, and causing the stool not to be passed out. He just took some MiraLax, and we are praying the gas will ease up enough to let all this stool move. HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS PROBLEM?????? I would love to hear from you. He did have some small pain in the shoulder, but that passed. Its just this awful full feeling, and you can't do anything to make it go away!!! I'm keeping him drinking liquids as much as possible. He has not slept at all since being home... Thanks for listening...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread