It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2007, 08:42 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

ZoeGirl HB User
HIDA test today, owie... others?

Hello,

I was told I had Crohn's 2 yrs ago, but recently they are considering changing the diagnosis (I switched doctors). I had a CT scan last week and a HIDA scan this AM. I never even considered my gallbladder because my pain is a constant central gnawing with bouts of cramps on the left side. I also get mucus and blood on my stool, I've also had rectal bleeding (bright red for a week or so, on and off). My stools are also very tiny as of a month or so ago. My guess is bowel obstruction, probably due to inflammation (Crohn's or Ulcerated Colitis).

The point of my post:
I had the HIDA scan, did fine during the radioisotopes part but when they started the CCK (?), what she referred to as a "Whopper meal in your IV" I got a wave of nausea, which I was expecting... but it increased to where I thought for sure I would throw up then cramps... bad cramps, not the painless procedure they told me it would be. I still feel like it's a bowel problem and of course won't know about the HIDA results until my dr calls. The pain today was central, not right side. Am I correct in guessing my intestines could have the reaction and not my gallbladder or is it more likely my gallbladder?

I realize I have to wait for the official results.. I was just really surprised at the pain level during the 2nd part of the test and wanted to get other experiences/results.

Thanks

Closed Thread