It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2007, 10:40 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

ZoeGirl HB User
CT results, etc

Oh it's me again
I get my gallbladder out tomorrow AM. I wrote a few posts over the last two years, mostly abdominal pain, blood, etc. I was treated for Crohn's two years ago. Recently a HIDA scan showed my EF at 0%, so the gallbladder is coming out. They still believe I have some sort of bowel obstruction, probably due to inflammation. I've been sick for a constant two months, but before that it was off and on.
I got the results of my CT scan and they read as follows
CT Scan (I left out the "this and that looks good" parts)
"There is small low-density abnormalities above the right and left lobes of the liver too small to completely characterize, probably benign.
Uterus appears somewhat heterogeneous and endometrium is relatively thick. This would be better evaluated with pelvic ultrasound.

IMPRESSION:
1. Uterus is somewhat (blah blah above)
2. moderate amount of stool is seen in the colon
3. small low-density abnormalities.. (blah blah above)"

I saw my regular doctor today for a pre-op physical and he said he wants them to follow up on the abnormalities on my liver and my uterus. He said if they don't, to tell him and he will. I'd think with as sick as I've been they would check all things out. He also said the surgeon will most likely check all that out while in there but to talk to her to make sure (I will).

Anyone with a similar experience? I'm curious to the liver - my grandmother died from liver cancer. Ack. She was old though, so I'm not too worried about it. I just want to know what it is.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-27-2007, 12:02 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

April7 HB User
Re: CT results, etc

Good luck on surgery. I am praying to have a bad HIDA scan tomorrow with a low ejection. I am at my wits end trying to figure out what is wrong with me! I will be happy if it's my gallbladder because then the guessing and testing will be done with.

May I ask how old you are? My mom had a thickened endometrium. They performed a D&C and sent it to the lab, and they found endometrial cancer. I do not want to frighten you, but I do think it is important to get it checked out. She was post-menopausal and started to have some light bleeding. They caught it early and they were able to remove all traces of cancer, and she's doing just fine. My understanding is that the first thing that happens is an endometrial thickening, followed by some bleeding. It's a slow growing cancer with great recovery rates. I'm sure your chances of having cancer are slim, but I do hope you get it checked out just to be on the safe side. When she went through this during the summer, I did some research and there are other benign conditions that cause the endometrial thickening, but I don't recall what they were. If I remember correctly though they were not medical emergencies. Good idea to get an exam, just to be on the safe side. As for the liver, they said it was small and probably benign. Again, though, good idea to get it checked out. You can never be too safe, you know?

Please let us know how your surgery goes, okay? Good luck, I'm sure you'll do great.

Old 11-27-2007, 01:42 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

ZoeGirl HB User
Re: CT results, etc

I'm 37.
My doctor was upset they typed "probably benign" because they can't know that by looking at a CT scan. It might just be a cyst, since I seem to get those on other things, so I'm not worried but it warrants checking into.

No one suspected my gallbladder, I got the HIDA scan by requesting it - the best suggestion I've ever made to a doctor so far! I figured they MIGHT see something, but I had no idea it was 0%-nonfunctioning. I hope it helps some!

I'm sure I"ll be posting with complaints of my recovery Surgery is scheduled for 9am and they say I will probably be able to leave at 11:30am - wow.

Closed Thread