It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2007, 05:22 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

niecsey HB Userniecsey HB User
MIZZAJ... and other h pylori gang :)

Hi there :0 was wondering how your doing? Im still not right lots of noisy gurling and different kind of stomach aches also lots of gas yesterday! Hope your feeling better any test results yet?

Old 11-28-2007, 06:36 AM   #2
(female)

Narda99 HB User
Re: MIZZAJ... and other h pylori gang :)

Hi there, not good here. I am still having stomach problems, and some days (and nights) are really bad. Due to see the gastroenterologist in two weeks (earliest I could get in.) Seeing GP today to try to get some medication to relieve the pain until then. I think I feel worse after the two week 4-drug treatment than I did before.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2007, 07:56 AM   #3
(female)

mizzaj HB User

Hi Narda and Niecsey,

I'm doing okay. Definitely not as bad as i was doing immediately following taking the Triple Therapy, but not significantly better to the point where I feel that the treatment was a success. narda-- I'm sorry you feel worse!!! I really do wonder if it's gastritis caused by the antibiotics. Have you tried Mastic Gum, Slippery Elm or any of the other herbs out there that are supposed to soothe the stomach lining? Are you taking probiotics. Maybe that stuff would help? I dunno. I've been taking Iberogast (a German formula containing lots of herbs) with meals for the last 6 weeks now. It might be doing a little bit of good, but given that I have good days and bad, it's hard to tell. i would figure that if it was truly helping, I would have more consistent relief.

Narda, I hope your GP can shed some light on your situation-- even though he/she isn't a GI doc. And when you see your GI doc, be ready to assault him/her with lots of questions! I like to write down what I want to say and bring it in with me!

Niecsey, have you seen your doc lately? Do you know if your H Pylori is gone? I should find out soon if mine is gone. Just gotta take a stool sample to a lab. Fun! Other than that, I had another ab ultrasound on Monday-- we'll see if I have any gallstones. the first time they did it, they said I had small "flecks" floating in there. Whatever that means!

Talk to you all soon!
Mizzaj

Old 11-28-2007, 11:39 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi ladies sorry you feel so bad Narda its tough the medication l hated it so much!!! Mizz x my doc dont retest she said next step is the endoscopy if lm still having probs lm just waiting to see if things get better what with me having thyroid medication probs at mo lm going to wait until lm stable incase that is having an effect on my stomach l am hyper from the medication right now so lm waiting till l fall into range. She told me not to ignore it though IGNORE IT??? is she having a laugh??? Like l could ignore it it runs my life!! Theres been no mention of my gallbladder but when l had a look at symptoms lt pretty much sounded like it!!! Still unless l get them scary horrendous pains near my sternum l will wait until my thyroid labs are correct then take it from there (**** why cant l have one thing wrong at a time? lol) Oh lve stopped taking the probiotic drinks and l am seeing an improvement maybe they dont agree with me? Its only been a couple of days l will see how it goes and if lm the same l will start them again still havnt got any mastic gum yet but l plan too! I hope your h pylori test shows your clear l would hate for anyone whose took that triple crap once to have to do it again its torture! lol Good luck with your tests stay in touch Narda l really feel for you (((hugs))) hope the symptoms lessen real soon for you hun. PS did either of you also notice you had yellowy coloured spit on a morning before treatment which tasted foul???

Old 12-06-2007, 10:44 AM   #5
(female)

mizzaj HB User

Hi Narda, Niecsey and anyone else out there with H Pylori. Just wanted to let you know that my stool sample came back negative for H Pylori. So the good news is, the treatment got rid of it. The bad news is that my problems haven't gone away, so I doubt they were caused by H Pylori. Unless it truly takes several months for digeston to improve after the H Pylori is gone. But even then, I'm a bit skeptical.

I also had a test for gallstones last Monday and it came back negative. I really want a HIDA scan to see if my gallbladder is slow to empty, but I have a doc who doesn't believe in that. Luckily, my new insurance kicks in come January, and I've already made an appointment with the new doctor. This guy was recommended to me by a friend, so I'm hopeful.

I hope you ladies are doing okay!!! Do you know if your H Pylori treatments worked? How are your symptoms?

Hope you are all well.....

Mizzaj

Old 12-07-2007, 05:20 AM   #6
(female)

Narda99 HB User

Hi gang, well I had my ultrasound of the gall bladder the other day. The tech said I had stones, but I don't believe they are causing my problems, as I have known they were there years ago. I have done the stool sample for the GI doctor and will find out next Thursday when I see him just what is going on there. I must say that I do think I have improved a bit, and I have days that I feel absolutely wonderful. I get my hopes up, then the next day I pay for it with the gnawing and pain back again. Up and down! I do have a long list of questions for the GI doctor, but feel he will probably want to do the endoscopy. I am will to go through most anything at this point to get some relief. I think of you all and hope you are doing better and getting some relief. Please...keep in touch. Thanks for all your concern.

Old 12-07-2007, 05:30 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi Mizz x pleased to hear your h pylori free!!! Yipheeee sorry your still havign probs though Do you have a nervous tummy? I know whn lm nervous my stomach plays up maybe that is the cause? Im clutching at straws now as you can see!!! Im still havign some probs mainly gas a few cramps you know the drill, stopped the probiotics and l think its helped lve also noticed if l eat brown bread my stomachs iffy! So lve stopped that too. Some other posted said h pylori has always been with man so it must play a role in our guts l dont know if its true l havnt looked into it have you? Well my other update is it could be another 6 mths before l see an improvement with my thyroid meds stabilizing so lm wondering if my dodgy mystery symptoms are caused through that? Time will tell. I also had a rheumatoid/thyroid serology done and a full autoimmune screening done both come back positive... My fas came back low positive for my liver which is bad BUT cos a normal blood test to check my liver came back normal it isnt a worry if that makes sense... doc went on to explain just cos its positive doesnt mean l will have an autoimmune prob with my liver one day lots of people have antibodies connected to some organ or other eg my thyroid and dont end up with a problem so lm keeping my fingers crossed on that one!! I think she said its a 1 in 40 chance... hmmmm has she seen my notes lol? anyway sorry to ramble lm really pleased for ya hun x l havnt been retested they dont here in the uk the next step would be a endoscope if l went back compaining trying to avoid that one lol. You keep in touch and take care have a good weekend xxx

Closed Thread