It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2007, 09:58 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

April7 HB User
Upper left quadrant pain

Had an edoscopy and 2 ultrasounds, all normal. Blood work including pancreatic and liver enzymes came back normal 3 times since 11/11. HIDA scan showed 50% EF.

Since the 11th of November I've had frequent painful attacks following fattening foods. I am on Protonix and Bentyl and it's helping. My pain is always a terrible, horrendous burning in my upper abdomen. They said I have no GERD, no ulcers, etc. after the endoscopy. I also have pain on both the right upper quadrant beneath my ribs and lately on the left side as well, up high under the ribs. The past few days I had a few spells where it hurt in my lower left chest area, especially when I would take a deep breath. It was odd, like I had been kicked in the ribs.

The GI thinks it's my gb based on symptoms and based on the fact that other tests have come back ok. She thinks I'm in the beginning stages of GB disease and starting to lose function of my gb, but since I'm on the beginning phases it's not yet registering on the HIDA. I follow up with her on the 11th of Dec to see how things are going and what we will do next.

My concern is the upper left pain. It makes me worry about my pancreas, though the blood tests were okay. Should I have concerns about it? Does anyone have any ideas they can share with me?

Old 12-07-2007, 07:23 AM   #2
(female)

Sisty HB User
Re: Upper left quadrant pain

April& we have converesd yesterday. I am in the same boat exactly for 11 months. Pain is on the right but goes to the left too. All pancreatic enzymes are normal 5 times! On the low side of normal. The GI Dr's said it was not my pancreas. Normal CT's, normal ultrasound, normal MRCP, normal enoscopy, colonoscopy, barium, HIDA Scan etc. It is so frustrating. Please follow up with me on the 11th.
Sisty

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-07-2007, 09:15 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

April7 HB User
Re: Upper left quadrant pain

I'll let you know, Sisty. I'm worried because I've been seeing the PA in the GIs office and she's great. The doc I am seeing on the 11th is the one who did my endoscopy and I just got the impression that he is somewhat dismissive. I only met him the day of my procedure so perhaps he was just busy...but I don't know. I worry he's going to blow me off and not take me seriously or listen to my concerns. We'll see. Unfortunately the PA is 9 months pregnant and if she isn't already off on maternity leave she will be any day now, so it will be long before I see her again.

Closed Thread