It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2007, 01:44 PM   #1
(female)

Ginger9909 HB User
HELP-constant nausea -

A few months ago I had a day of really bad nausea which is when this seemed to start. About a month ago I went away with my kids and I had a big rich desert about 9:00 at night. about an hour later I got nauseas (no vomitting) and this continued to the next day (really put a damper on my trip), really bad nausea that i wound up in my room for a few hours until it subsided. Most of the time the nausea would go away if i ate something, other times not. this continued for a few more days when I got home and I wasnt quite right for about a week. i thought at the time maybe it was a bug but there was no vomitting and i wasnt thrown off my feet, just very nauseas. I was ok for over a month and yesterday had a day trip planned for New York and it starts in the morning again with the nausea. I ate an egg Mcmuffin but it didnt seem to help much. The nausea continued for a few hours and then i felt better once i got into the city and did some walking around. Got it again at night when i returned home and continuing again today. This leads me to believe that what I had last month wasnt a bug as I have it again over a month later, same symptoms. Also there is a pulling in the upper right chest area and seems to stay there at times. A very odd feeling. I have gotten a gallbladder ultrasound a year ago and things were fine. Any ideas? Should I go to the doctor again maybe there is another test that would show a problem that the ultrasound didnt??? Is this a gallbladder problem?? I have been this nauseas since I was pregnant. This has never happened to me before what has happened over the last few months.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-10-2007, 11:13 AM   #2
(male)

miknan HB User
Re: HELP-constant nausea -

Could be many things, just a bug of some sort, gastritis, gallbladder problems, gastroparesis, or many other things. Ultrasound can check the gallbladder for stones but can't check the function, need a hidascan for that. If your nausea persists you should see your doctor. Keep careful track of what you eat, writing it down if necessary. Good luck and I hope you start feeling better.

Old 12-10-2007, 01:23 PM   #3
(female)

Ginger9909 HB User

thanks miknan,
I did have an ultrasound about a year ago which came back normal but the worse problems didnt start until after that ultrasound. i keep reading about the scan and maybe that is what I need next and this seems to be progressing.

Old 03-31-2008, 06:56 PM   #4
(female)

mythyme HB User

My diabetic husband has been nauseated for 13 years! 24 hours per day, 365 days per year. He has no vomiting and no pain. His endoscopy and colonos-
scopy are fine. His nuclear egg sandwich test shows only very slight slowing.
He also has severe short term memory loss. Can anyone give me suggestions
please? I'm getting desperate because he does not want to eat and continu-
ously complains that he is so sick. He is getting worse.

Closed Thread