It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2007, 11:33 AM   #1
(male)

Aaronmac5 HB User
Chest pain associated with Acid Reflux?

Starting 3 years ago I was diagnosed with Acid reflux. Had the endoscopy done and only showed an abnormal Z-line (not sure what this is except I think has to do with the opening of the esophagus) Ive been on Prevacid, Prilosec, Nexium, and Protonex. Protonex seems to work the best but still not very well. I get huge cases of burping even in the morning before I eat anything and nausea.
I also get another weird symptom. I get upper right chest pain whenever I run for over a half miel at a time. I started thinking it was due to Acid reflux until I started reading forums posts and havn't heard anyone else complain of this. I had an x-ray done and stress test and both were clear. Has anyone else had associated chest pain with Acid Reflux while running?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2008, 02:41 PM   #2
(female)

shan06 HB User
Re: Chest pain associated with Acid Reflux?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronmac5 View Post
Starting 3 years ago I was diagnosed with Acid reflux. Had the endoscopy done and only showed an abnormal Z-line (not sure what this is except I think has to do with the opening of the esophagus) Ive been on Prevacid, Prilosec, Nexium, and Protonex. Protonex seems to work the best but still not very well. I get huge cases of burping even in the morning before I eat anything and nausea.
I also get another weird symptom. I get upper right chest pain whenever I run for over a half miel at a time. I started thinking it was due to Acid reflux until I started reading forums posts and havn't heard anyone else complain of this. I had an x-ray done and stress test and both were clear. Has anyone else had associated chest pain with Acid Reflux while running?
NO, but while walking or working out sometimes...Chest pain is a common thing with this stupid GERD....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2008, 03:13 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

CrazyLife414 HB UserCrazyLife414 HB UserCrazyLife414 HB User

I get chest pains if you look at me wrong...Never in my life have I been so frustrated! GERD had too many symptoms to count and they mimic so many other disorders...
Take Care of you!
Crazy

Old 01-18-2008, 03:41 PM   #4
(female)

Gtubemom HB User

Many people go to the hospital with chest pain and it is reflux. It can be very bad.
I would ask if you have changed your diet. You should limit late eating, no fried or greesy food and incline the bed. Exercise can bring on reflux. I would ask your doctor about taking meds 2 times a day. If that won't work try a different med. what works for 1 may not work for another person. Also you can ask for a PH study. It is a 24 hour test you can wear to work and stuff. It tells a lot about reflux.

Old 01-20-2008, 10:12 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

niecsey HB Userniecsey HB User

Would any of you been kind enough to describe the type of chest pains you have please? Also does any one get what feels like upper muscles spasms at the top of their backs? Im fed up of all this crap cheers

Last edited by niecsey; 01-20-2008 at 10:12 AM.

Old 01-21-2008, 03:27 PM   #6
(female)

patty0804 HB User
Cool Re: Chest pain associated with Acid Reflux?

I was diagosed with GERD about 5 months ago. Before that I had taken Previcid, Prilosec and Nexium. I went back to the dr. because I was getting no relief. My symptoms were and still are: Heartburn, nausea, chest pain, vomiting, belching, acid reflux it seemed to be worse at night. I was sent to a gastrologist for an endoscopy and a Bravo PH test. I am still waiting results for the Bravo. They checked for a bacteria which was negative. They told me to follow up within two months. I called them back today to see if they could or would increase my meds. I am tired of having heart burn all of the time. No matter what I eat or drink...heartburn. The doctor did tell me that they found an erosion in my stomach. Not sure what that means. I waiting to hear back from the doctor. Chest pain is a sign of GERD.

Hope you feel better soon!

Patty

ac5;3347237]Starting 3 years ago I was diagnosed with Acid reflux. Had the endoscopy done and only showed an abnormal Z-line (not sure what this is except I think has to do with the opening of the esophagus) Ive been on Prevacid, Prilosec, Nexium, and Protonex. Protonex seems to work the best but still not very well. I get huge cases of burping even in the morning before I eat anything and nausea.
I also get another weird symptom. I get upper right chest pain whenever I run for over a half miel at a time. I started thinking it was due to Acid reflux until I started reading forums posts and havn't heard anyone else complain of this. I had an x-ray done and stress test and both were clear. Has anyone else had associated chest pain with Acid Reflux while running?[/QUOTE]

Closed Thread