It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2007, 10:01 AM   #1
(female)

cher43 HB User
Feeling So Unwell......even Without A Full Blown Attack?? Thanks For Your Input

Hi

I am not having a gallbladder attack I had a full blown one about a week ago. Ever since then I feel so unwell.....lightheaded, dizzy, a little nauseated, with slight discomfort in the gallbladder area not really pain just a niggling aggravation, my bloodwork seems fine and on feeling the area it doesn't really produce pain like the Dr. wants it to.....are these symptoms of gallbladder also.

When I think about it I have had gallbladder attacks off and on for approx. 2 years the attacks were so sporadic I would go a few months and not have anything then I would have a attack but recently they have become closer together and ever since the last one I just feel so unwell. I have been on a no fat or at the very least low fat diet for approx. a week but still feel sick.

Thanks for your input.

Old 12-13-2007, 10:38 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

ZoeGirl HB User
Re: Feeling So Unwell......even Without A Full Blown Attack?? Thanks For Your Input

After my HIDA scan with CCK (hormone replicating a fatty meal) I was so unwell all the time. I'd say since you are experiencing the same after eating a fatty meal that gave you a big attack it is caused by the gallbladder. I felt unwell plus had three attacks in a week (and I'd only get them once in a while before).

I might have read in another of your posts, but is your gallbladder functioning? I had no idea mine wasn't working at all, I think it can make you feel pretty bad all the time. I'm still not sure if I have a combo deal or not as I have a history of other problems too, but I bet a nonfunctioning gallbladder can make you feel pretty unwell all the time. Now mine is out and I feel better, a lot of my symptoms are gone (but I have some left).

What are your attacks like? I didn't know that I was having attacks, it was just severe stomach cramps and I'd always thought gallbladder attacks were right side and back pain. Curious of the definition of an attack from person to person.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-13-2007, 10:51 AM   #3
(female)

grammie2005 HB User
Re: Feeling So Unwell......even Without A Full Blown Attack?? Thanks For Your Input

Hi My Daughter is 28 years old and she feels sick all the time too. Her doc said to drink ONLY apple Juice all day long and it would flush the gallstones out. She did this and she felt good for a long time, and he said, they would come back as they always do. Just have to keep flushing them or have your gallbladder out!

She is affraid to have it out, she was told the bile will drip and may cause stomach cancer later on.

So she flushes her system with Motts Apple Juice

Old 12-13-2007, 11:01 AM   #4
(female)

cher43 HB User

Hi:
My experience with my attacks are.....bloating, extreme gas, have to remove bra because of gas pressure, my pain is not a pain that is easily explained.....it is not a sharp pain it is a pressure pain if that makes sense. I run a very low grade fever with it I can't get comfortable, I lie down because I feel so rotten but soon have to get up and move because I find it's worse lieing down. My stools are very pale. I feel like if somebody stuck a suctioning hose down my throat and sucked all the air out I would feel alot better. I feel like a balloon getting bigger and bigger and I can only take little short breaths not a full breath. Gallstones do show up on the U.S. but like I said in my other post I am not typical for the Dr to define anything......1. I show stones. but do not have pain in the gallbladder area when they feel it.....however, I have never been able to see a Dr when I am in a attack seems the attack is always over by the time I get to see them......my bloodwork is okay. But I really feel it's gallbladder but this is the first time I have not felt well after a attack is over. Usually I feel fine once it's gone but this sick feeling this time is dragging on and on even though I have stuck to a low fat diet. Any input .....?? Everybody is different with this problem aren't they......The Dr. originally tried treating me with Nexium to see if that would help....he figured if it helped them what we were likely dealing with was perhaps an ulcer.....but I don't find it helps this particular problem. He also treated md with Dicitel for IBS which does move the gas out of the stomach area when taken before a meal.....you feel less full and the gas doesn't accumulate......although I do feel a little better being able to move the gas through I don't believe it changes the attacks.

Thanks for you input I really appreciate it.

Old 12-13-2007, 11:17 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

ZoeGirl HB User

I've never had any stones, so everything is different. I'd try the apple juice and I've read of other cleanses. I've also read it can be dangerous to keep in a gallbladder with stones, so you might want to seek another opinion.

Old 12-13-2007, 11:43 AM   #6
(female)

marnb77 HB User

cher,
I think i wrote to you on another thread. I had gb stones as well.. lots of them and experienced similar symptoms as you. I felt unwell, had bloating, couldn't take deep breaths when lying down etc.. Since you have stones you need to get your gb out! I really think you will feel so much better. Your gb may be diseased and this is what is causing you all these problems. Especially because you have been going thru this for 2 years. Do not wait any longer, please meet w/ a surgeon and see what your options are. Like I said before, I was terrified of having mine out, and in the end I want to kick myself for not doing it sooner. It made a world of difference for me. Gb flushes aren't always 100 percent effective, they can actually be dangerous, because you can get a stone caught in the duct, which can then lead to pancreatitis or emergency surgery. I would not want to see this happen to you. Good luck and let me know what you decide.

Closed Thread