It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2007, 08:24 AM   #1
(male)

eclipse2nr HB User
Is this I.B.S

Well lets get right to it. I've been dealing with this for the last 5 or so years, maybe longer. My problem is that everytime i go out late at night with friends or maybe a girlfriend i start getting these god awful cramps , Which in turns leads to very very watery diarrhea. If im on my way to my destination it never happens, but coming back home late at night, when i know there is no restaurants or stores open so i could use the bathroom, ill start getting bloated, then the cramps start, and then i have to pull over somewhere and use the bathroom. And it almost always happens or starts in the same place while driving/riding back home. Its very embarrasing to go anywhere with friends. Im 22 years old, Male i do suffer from pretty bad anxiety, panic attacks which i am prescribed xanax, Which doesnt seem to be helping this issue, it does help some but not enough. Another thing is that i smoke, and if i smoke while on the trip back home it causes it instantly pretty much.

Any thoughts?

Old 12-15-2007, 09:31 AM   #2
(male)

eclipse2nr HB User
Re: Is this I.B.S

Any Thoughts?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-17-2007, 12:57 PM   #3
(male)

eclipse2nr HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipse2nr View Post
Any Thoughts?

Old 12-17-2007, 02:12 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

RetiredDirector HB UserRetiredDirector HB User

It doesn't sound like the classic symptoms associated with IBS. I've had it for several years and IBS attacks can happen anytime, but in stress situations they tend to come on more often. I have had them happen a lot after meals and also at work, where I was in a high stress job.

I would say to see your PCP and ask him/her to refer you to a good Gastroenterologist and ask him/her to do a complete workup on you. I had every test they do for this type of problem, including a Colonoscopy and Barrium Follow Through, and it was only after complete testing they said it was IBS. I am on Social Security Disability due to this and some other medical conditions.

Good luck to you.

Old 12-24-2007, 07:11 AM   #5
(male)

eclipse2nr HB User

ty for the input

Last edited by eclipse2nr; 12-24-2007 at 07:13 AM.

Old 12-26-2007, 06:41 PM   #6
(female)

Lynne720 HB User

I definitely can relate to your problem. A medication called Librax has really been a lifesaver so many times for me. If I didn't have it, I would be in big trouble.

Lynne

Old 12-27-2007, 12:52 PM   #7
(female)

cazajacks HB Usercazajacks HB Usercazajacks HB User
Red face Re: Is this I.B.S

Eclipse, i had and still have something similar to this. I have IBS but i feel i also have something else wrong, maybe diverticulitis or crohns. If i go out with friends for a meal or a drink, once on the way home i find i really need the loo. I know i will HAVE to find a toilet or run into the bushes, which humiliates me. I cannot hold the alcohol or food in my belly long enough to walk home. Once i do get home i just have to sit on the toilet with a magazine. LOL
For some strange reason i will get diarrhea, once i never made it home in time and i felt terribly humiliated.
I have learnt now that if i am going out for a meal or a drink, to fill my hand bag with toilet roll for on the way home, to keep going to the toilet for the last half an hour before i leave where ever i am. And to walk fast.
I also find i suffer with terrible wind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you find you problem is like this!
I dont believe this is only IBS but i am so fed up with being poked and prodded about i have now gone back to my Dr for any more treatment.
Good luck and let me know if you find out what you have wrong.
cazajacks

Old 12-27-2007, 01:23 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

morrisun HB User

You might want to be checked for Celiac Disease as well. Good luck!
PCOS

Closed Thread