It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2007, 09:26 AM   #1
(male)

Gar2007 HB User
Gallstones-Can they be hidden?

Well, back to square one. I have been tested for gallstones, gallbladder emptying, and gastroparesis. My doc said it was a motility disorder of the small intestine and it could have been caused by stress. I had another abdomen sonogram done and it showed my bile ducts had widen and that is a sign of gallstones. Had a 2nd CT scan w/dye and that showed a stone. My bile ducts were back to normal and my doc says I could have passed a stone. My symptoms for the past couple of years have been right shoulder pain and chest pain, and sometimes clay colored stools. This definitely runs in my family. Now I just feel sick all day with nausea. He is pretty convinced I could have more stones since my pancreas is inflamed and referred me to a surgeon. Can gallstones be this difficult to find?

Old 12-18-2007, 07:06 PM   #2
(male)

Collector167 HB UserCollector167 HB UserCollector167 HB UserCollector167 HB UserCollector167 HB UserCollector167 HB User
Re: Gallstones-Can they be hidden?

Sounds like you have all the classic symptoms. Has the Dr. ordered a HIDA scan? This is the best test of gallbladder function.

Gall stones can be hard to find on CT and ultrasound tests, for example you may have recently passed them. You can also have "sludge" which are the numerous small crystals that eventually will form stones. Your gallbladder may become inflamed or simply stop contracting when it should. Sometimes they really can't answer the question until after they remove the gallbladder.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-19-2007, 05:58 AM   #3
(female)

Sisty HB User

Gar2007, How did they determine that your pancreas was inflamed?
Sisty

Old 12-19-2007, 09:23 AM   #4
(male)

Gar2007 HB User

Sisty, they found the inflammation in the bloodwork. Thats what lead my doc to believe it was gallbladder related.

Collector, I had the HIDA scan and it is emptying fine. Saw my surgeon yesterday and he is convinced that I could have sludge in my gallbladder. They were able to fit me in for surgery tomorrow! I am so nervous, but I just want to get this out of the way.

Old 12-25-2007, 09:58 AM   #5
(male)

Jeeper270 HB User

Before you guys try ANYTHING else, research Habba Syndome.

Old 12-26-2007, 08:23 AM   #6
(female)

Sisty HB User

Gar let me know how you are. I have an appointment with a surgeon on Jan 4th. I am at the end of my rope!!
Sisty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gar2007 View Post
Sisty, they found the inflammation in the bloodwork. Thats what lead my doc to believe it was gallbladder related.

Collector, I had the HIDA scan and it is emptying fine. Saw my surgeon yesterday and he is convinced that I could have sludge in my gallbladder. They were able to fit me in for surgery tomorrow! I am so nervous, but I just want to get this out of the way.

Closed Thread