It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2007, 01:11 PM   #1
(female)

tigereye1983 HB User
Upper right quadrant pain since July

Hi,

I've hard upper right quadrant pain for 6 months. I've had four different doctors--my liver checks out fine. When the pain first started, it was so bad that I would almost pass out. Now it's just a constant knawing, raw pain (almost like something is swollen and being rubbed raw feeling), but I can't feel any lumps. Not really any sickness (maybe some digestive issues) and I don't notice any difference in the things I eat, I guess. I did have a bad UTI about the same time the pain started, but I'm not sure if it's in any way related. My mom had her gallbladder removed about 12 years ago, but she still has pain under her right ribs. My doctor said I was too young to have gallbladder problems. I don't know what to do. I'm just tired. Anyone have any similar storeis or advice to share?

Old 12-20-2007, 01:22 PM   #2
(female)

Sisty HB User
Re: Upper right quadrant pain since July

I too have had upper right quadrant pain since last December it began with what I thought was food poisoning after eating a cheese plate. I have been to 2 GI Doctors ( cariologist, hemotologist, neurologist and a orthopedic) and have gone through many many tests all negative. Including gallbladder. I am secheduled to see a surgeon on Jan 4th to see about a laperoscopy to see if he can see anything. I really think it is my gallbladder. But who knows.
I know how you feel. My pain is every day about 2 to 4 hours after eating. It's a burning knawing pain. Sorry I don't have any answers for you but there seems to be a lot of us out there.
Sisty

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-20-2007, 06:11 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

lavender01 HB User

I have a hurting in that area also - but mine can also be on the left side. I have had alot of tests - and what the gastro doctor told me was I have IBS. Colon spasms is my problem.

Old 12-20-2007, 06:16 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

I know young teens who have had their gallbladder removed due to stones. Your doctor's an idiot if he thinks age is the determining factor. Find another doc.

Old 12-21-2007, 09:06 AM   #5
(female)

jsmit HB User

Count me in as another one with right sided pain. It feels like I've been bruised over the liver or rib area, and have a really tender spot. I also have digestive problems - burning, some acid reflux, and pain that travels from the breastbone to the navel. Very strange. Food sometimes helps, other times not. My gallbladder, heart, and colon are all fine. Today, I see a G.I. and I'm hoping to get some answers. It does get very tiring to feel so crummy.

Old 12-23-2007, 04:49 PM   #6
(female)

Griffwood HB User

I too have upper right quad pain. Off and on for a couple of years. Had gall bladder removed 5 years ago (was 35, too young? Dunno).

Are you losing weight? I've lost 20 lbs in less than 2 months. Was losing 1/2 lb a day for an entire month. Had nausea for a while too. No appitite, can't eat much. GP sent me to a GI who immediately did an endoscopy. Discovered that even though I'd not had anything solid to eat in several days, my stomach was pretty full of food. Diagnosed me with GASTROPARESIS, stomach doesn't empty, you get full fast and lose your appitite. Caused usually by diabetes (for me it is caused by my medications for FIBROMYALGIA). He perscribed reglan and reccommended I try to get off of the other meds.

My story doesn't end here, but perhaps you have something similar? I also have a PRE ULCER redness (causing pain due to FM), HIATAL HERNIA (why not?) and a BOZOAR (medical name for fur/ food ball due to the digestive trouble, this is adding to the slow emptying). I am currently trying to not freak out over the trouble I am having swallowing (likely due to a "back up in my system") because I already had one trip to the er for it this week. And I am looking on the bright side, I always wanted to be a size 6, right?!

So, Kiddo, perhaps you have "redness"? Or something like Fibromyalgia that makes you "sensitive to other issues"? You are your own advocate (I can't spell), keep going to doctors till you find an answer~ even if it's not an answer you LIKE.

It made me sad to see how long so many others have been in pain here. We don't have to be in pain. It's not something we have to suffer with unless we choose to. (sorry, I'm having a really lousy day and PMSing to boot! Normally I don't compain...this much!)

I wish you all health and happiness and a Blessed Christmas!

Old 12-25-2007, 11:36 PM   #7
(female)

Sammiejoe HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffwood View Post
Diagnosed me with GASTROPARESIS, stomach doesn't empty, you get full fast and lose your appitite. Caused usually by diabetes (for me it is caused by my medications for FIBROMYALGIA). He perscribed reglan and reccommended I try to get off of the other meds.
Hi Griffwood,

I recently had an endocscopy of my stomach done and was diagnosed with possible Gastroparesis, but I need another test to confirm diagnosis...

If you don't mind me asking, what meds for fibro do you take that your doc feels is causing your gastroparesis?

I, also, have been diagnosed with fibro and am currently taking meds for it, but my doc didn't mention the meds being the reason for the gastroparesis...

I don't have diabetes yet, although my sugars are high...My doc said he believed the gastroparesis was caused from a virus that I had previously.

Thanks for any info,

Sammiejoe

Closed Thread