It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2007, 11:31 AM   #1
(female)

rozbel HB User
when will i regain my appetite

had keyhole removal of gall bladder 4 days ago and still finding eating very difficult is this normal and if so how long will it go on for

Old 12-21-2007, 01:01 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: when will i regain my appetite

Everyone is different. I was pretty hungry as of the day after surgery. But not everyone is...and pain meds may make you have less of an appetite as well. I wouldn't worry about it. Some people just take longer to get their appetites back. Just be sure to eat fat free for the next few weeks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-21-2007, 04:26 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

diamond79 HB User

It took me about 3 or 4 days before I was able to eat anything but crackers and bananas. The first day after I was horribly nauseous, so that probably played a big role in my lack of appetite. By about day 4 I was able to eat other low fat foods. I did (stupidly) test myself and ate french fries about a week later and was nauseous and had cramps and diarrhea. Be careful what you eat and stick to low fat till your body adjusts!!

Old 12-22-2007, 08:06 AM   #4
(male)

Gar2007 HB User

I have the same problem. I had gallbladder surgery 3 days ago and have no appetite. MY doc said this would happen, all I have eaten is crackers and liquids.

Old 12-23-2007, 09:43 AM   #5
(female)

rozbel HB User

thankyou for your replies it has put my mind at rest a little but i am still having difficulty with food. had a banana and breakfast cereal with soya milk today but feel sick again. stopped the pain meds 3 days ago to see if that helped but has made no difference. is there any medication that can help as im starting to get desperate

Old 12-23-2007, 12:11 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

ZoeGirl HB User

You can ask for an anti-nausea pill. I'm a month out and still not eating but have other issues. I've lost almost 30 lbs.

The anti-nausea pills might help you.

Closed Thread