It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2007, 01:33 AM   #1
(male)

Jimmy777 HB User
Does anyone know what might be wrong with me?

About 12 years ago I ate a vegetarian diet for many months. At first I felt good but eventually I got sick. I had more and more diarrhea and lost my sense of taste and I feel like I have a low grade infection all of the time.

I then stopped eating vegetarian and I now eat a full spectrum of foods including lots of chicken and salmon and eggs. I even went to a registered dietitian and had her look over my diet and it was good.

But I have never been the same after eating vegetarian. My symptoms that I have had for 12 years now are.....

When I eat my food never feels like it digests normally like it did before eating vegetarian. It feels like instead of my stomach feeling full the food just feels like it slides right through my stomach. And it feels like my stomach is covered in paste or something. I just feels like normal digestion does not happen.

Constant feeling like I have a low grade infection. I feel like I have a cold or flu constantly. Not the first part of a cold or flu with the aches or fever but how you feel after maybe day 4 or 5 with a cold or flu...that low grade infected feeling. I have that all day everyday for the last 12 years.

My sense of taste ranges between not being able to taste to being able to taste somewhat normal but it is never normal.

My sleep is messed up a lot.

I seem to not be able to tolerate much carbohydrates. My diet now is high protein. I get sicker eating more carbs.

I have low blood pressure.

I had irritable bowel syndrome before eating vegetarian but now it is worse.

I'm more sensitive to chemicals now like paint and cigarette smoke for instance they make me sick much more than before.

My thyroid blood work is normal.

My B12 and iron levels are ok.

I don't have celiac disease.

I do not have epstine barr virus.

And I had blood and stool tests that were negative for Candida.

I have tried both digestive enzymes and hydrochloric acid in high amounts and neither help at all.

I eat no junk food my diet is just fruits vegetables chicken and fish nut butters and avocados. And I exercise and keep myself in shape. I take care of myself better than anyone I know but I'm still sick.

Just hoping someone might know what my problem might be?

Thanks

Jim

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-29-2007, 02:02 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: Does anyone know what might be wrong with me?

Jim,

Your story is very interesting! What happens when you eat Carbs -- does your glucose go up--- what are your sick feelings or symptoms?

There are several things I suggest. Continue
to take a digestive enzyme with every meal.

Start taking probiotic suppements -- As you know everyone is different and responds differently to them--- some help digestion in many areas from re-colonizing your GI tract, digestion, re-balance your friendly bacteria, kill-off unfriendly bacteria , etc. There are over 400 different stains of bacteria in your gastro tract that are in constant war-fear.

The types probiotics that I have used and still use are Culturelle, PB-8, Primal Defense, Pearls by Ezymatic Therapy, Bifidus and Reuteri by Nature's Way . There are many others on the market but I have had good results with these.

Eat a good brand of yogurt daily-- I like and use Stonyfield Farm yogurt best--drink Kefir every other day.

Take an Essential Fatty Acid supplement several times daily--- all cells need these acids to regenerate--- Flax Seed Oil is good, Also, take Omega 3 Fish oil -- 3000mg daily

For Digestion of carbs-- you need amylase as an enzyme -- but your system may lack Selenium and Manganese as well as other vitamins and minerals. Many of which are not tested for and can't be tested for by the Doctors. So, we have to go by symptoms!!

There is a good book that you should get and read the parts that concern you---
"Prescription for Nutritional Healing" by Phyllis Balch.

I wish you well---Harry

Closed Thread