It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2007, 06:33 AM   #1
(female)

DowneyDanes HB User
Is it normal to have Neck pain after an endoscopy?

Is it normal to have Neck pain after an endoscopy? I had a endoscopy/colonoscopy yesterday, about 4 hours after the procedure, i felt like my neck was getting stiff, since then it has only gotten worse, This morning is hurts pretty bad in the back of my neck from shoulders to up into the base of my skull, all in the center like where the spine is. It also feels hot like a burning sensation. Is this normal?

Old 12-22-2007, 06:57 AM   #2
(female)

DowneyDanes HB User
Re: Is it normal to have Neck pain after an endoscopy?

Forgot to Mention:

They found the following things with the endoscopy/Colonoscopy:
Gastritis
Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease/Hiatal Hernia
Polyps of the colon & Rectum (were removed)
Erosions in the gastroesophegeal junction compatible with Los Angeles Classification A esophagitis
Erosion, Mosaic appearance and erythema in the stomach body and antrum compatible with erosive gastritis (biopsy)
Small Hiatal Hernia
Normal Mucosa in the whole duodenum
Esophageal web

Any help would be appreciated as the pain in my neck is really bad, with is being Christmas weekend and my PCP being Closed, Looking for advice whether I should go to the hospital or the neck pain is normal and would subside in a few days??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-22-2007, 10:33 AM   #3
(female)

Narda99 HB User

I had an endoscopy last Wednesday and had a mild sore throat for two days. I would think your sore neck was caused by how you laid on the table, or was moved during the scope procedures. In my estimation, it would be nothing to be concerned about. Perhaps you are coming down with a head cold. It should be better in a few days.

Old 12-22-2007, 11:56 AM   #4
(female)

Laenini HB UserLaenini HB User

I think you should call whomever is on call for the gastroenterologist who performed the endoscopy. They can give you the best advice about how normal this may or may not be. Don't worry about disturbing them, I assure you they are well used to getting calls. Post back and let us know what they said?
C4-5 ACDF 2006
C3-6 ACDF 2013
Chronic Myofaschial Pain Syndrome

Old 12-22-2007, 12:42 PM   #5
(female)

Narda99 HB User

By the way, I meant to ask what are you taking for gastritis? I was diagnosed with it too, after the endoscopy and wondered what medication you are taking. I have been suffering for months, with not much relief.

Old 12-23-2007, 08:53 PM   #6
(female)

DowneyDanes HB User

well,

Got in touch with the GI doctor, seems during the procedure I woke up?? I didnt remeber and gagged and vomited, was choking so they had to throw me to the side, said i probably injured my neck, to go to the doctor, so I did, he thinks I pulled a muscle gave me a muscle relaxer and pain killer, its helping alittle bit, but isnt gone. They told me to call back in one week for the biospy results and follow up with him in one month. He gave me prescription strength Prilosec 20 mg, only been on it a few days, i think if my stomach was hurting i wouldnt notice it much as bad as my neck hurts. Ill keep ya posted if anything changes. Thanks Guys

Lisa

Old 12-25-2007, 08:39 AM   #7
(female)

Laenini HB UserLaenini HB User

I'm glad you called the GI doctor and then went and got your neck checked out. Hopefully you are already doing better! Keep us posted on your progress?
C4-5 ACDF 2006
C3-6 ACDF 2013
Chronic Myofaschial Pain Syndrome

Closed Thread