It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2007, 01:06 PM   #1
(female)

ChemicalW HB User
Symptoms following ERCP

Hi everyone

I'll try to make this as short as possible.

I was admitted to hospital a few months ago with jaundice, upper abdominal pain etc and had an ERCP (endoscope exam) and they found I had gallstones and also had some blocking my bile duct. They removed the stones which were blocking my bile duct and I was also diagnosed with Cholecystitis. I had my gallbladder removed about 8 weeks ago. I had a repeat ERCP 2 days ago to check on everything. They found 3 stones blocking my bile duct and removed them.

Since I've had the ERCP 2 days ago, I've had pale stools. I was wondering if this is common following such a procedure? I was told that one of the side effects of and ERCP can include pancreatitis. I guess I'm just wondering what are the symptoms of pancreatitis and are pale stools normal following this procedure? (For the ERCP I had local anaesthetic on the back of my throat and sedation)

I understand that no one is a doctor and cannot give out medical advice, if this problem persists I will indeed contact my GP, just trying to think what it could be in the meantime

Thank you for reading this and thank you in advance for your replies xx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-28-2007, 11:17 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

sam78 HB User
Re: Symptoms following ERCP

pancreatitis does not change the color of your stools. Symptoms are just immense pain with eating mostly. Pale stools are common following anything related to your gallbladder. Tell those ding dongs to take your gallbladder out!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread