It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2007, 10:50 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

ZoeGirl HB User
small bowel series results

The results were normal with a note that it had a significant slow down on the lower left side... but the nurse added "but that seems OK". The doctor will review with her and add that I was severely cramping after the test and yesterday, but feel OK today other than some discomfort. I finally passed some barium last night (2 trips, one each golf ball size white stools). I'm sure my lower intestines were cramping because of all that barium in there.

I'm still taking benefiber 3x/day, levbid 2x/day and I had stopped taking miralax but had a dose yesterday and I will again today.

I'm functioning today, so it's a good day. I have a lot of pressure/discomfort in my lower abdomen all the time, when I eat I cramp bad in the lower abdomen, mostly left and center and some to the right. Still losing weight.
Just hope to be better soon!

Old 12-26-2007, 06:17 AM   #2
(female)

peacefrog HB User
Re: small bowel series results

That cramping is awful. Hope it has passed. I had it for three days and the worst was on the lower right. No one forewarned me about the gas pains.Didn't think I would make the drive home at times, it was so severe. My tests were apparently normal too I guess, other than the rapid transit of the barium (20 minutes start to finish). They said the dr. would discuss that with me....I see him again in MARCH... so I assume its not too serious,lol. Hope you get some relief soon and some answers....Best wishes. (Don't ya think they should tell ya to bring a toothbrush for that test? That stuff is nasty on the teeth. YUK)

Last edited by peacefrog; 12-26-2007 at 06:19 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-26-2007, 07:20 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

ZoeGirl HB User
Re: small bowel series results

I figured I wasn't the only one that cramped from the barium but the nurse acted so surprised. Test was on the 21st, I passed two small stools on the 23rd and went about 6 times on the 25th, all white/pale and small (cat's eye marble size). Still cramping, etc. I'm thinking that's pretty slow, for me to take 4 days to pass it. I don't know that it's all passed either. One of my symptoms (3 months now) is I never feel empty, I feel like I have to go ALL the time, even after I go. Yesterday was just an amazing day as far as passing stools go. Yet I still feel full.

Yes, a toothbrush would have been nice and I even suggested it to the nurse that fed me the barium.

Closed Thread