It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2007, 05:29 AM   #1
(female)

jerri07 HB User
what to do for bad stomach pains and bad taste in mouth when i burp

I am having really bad stomach pains and bad taste in mouth when i burp. What could this possibly be?

Old 12-28-2007, 06:54 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

niecsey HB Userniecsey HB User
Re: what to do for bad stomach pains and bad taste in mouth when i burp

You would have to be a bit more descriptive!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-28-2007, 10:51 AM   #3
(female)

firefaery HB User

I just joined the board and this is very similar to what I wanted to post/read about. Two - three times in the past two or three months, I have had period of time -- lasting a week or ten days each time -- where I get terrible tasting burps. I have read a lot of posts on different sites from people who have this same problem-- they are described as "rotten egg burps" or "sulfur burps."

Ever since I was a little girl, I would get these burps only if I was going to be sick, i.e. if i was coming down with a stomach virus. I would start getting my egg burps, even if my stomach wasn't upset, I would be throwing up by the end of the day. That's how it's always gone my whole life.

But these recent episodes, it's just the burps -- and a little bit of other gas thrown in for good measure -- CONSTANTLY without any real nausea and no vomiting. I'm not eating differently than I ever have, but I haven't exactly been keeping a lot of what I eat every day. I don't know what causes this, but sometimes it's worse than others -- like today, the burps are not very bad at all. But on Christmas, they were awful, and my stomach was actually rather upset that day; and although the general upset stomach improved as the day went on, the burps continued.

Does anyone have any really solid ideas for what this is? I've heard a lot of guesses and so on, but I am healthy, no Crohn's disease in my family, etc.

I am going to see my internal med doctor today so i'm going to bring it up with him, but i'm not sure that he'll have an answer.

Old 01-13-2008, 07:23 AM   #4
(female)

Jamie257 HB User
Question Re: what to do for bad stomach pains and bad taste in mouth when i burp

I can not tell you what to do. I have had the same problems for a long time. After a lot of research I thought I was Lactose intolerant. It would explain everything. I have not had an attack for 2-3 years by avoiding foods and medications that contain lactose. Here in the past 3 months I get 1 day between bouts of the "sour stomach" I to have been to many doctors and no one has an explanation for me. I have avoided foods that contain lactose for the past month and I have constantly burped the egg/ sulfur smell. It gets really bad sometimes I bloat and in general feel horrible.

I also thought it might be from a hormonal imbalance caused after I had my daughter but what is so bad is she does it too from time to time no where near as much as I do it. If anyone can help me PLEASE do. I had to take her to the hospital last year because she got so dehydrated from this and it really scares me. I can live with mine I guess but this is really threatening her health and none of the doctors have an explanation or treatment.

Old 01-14-2008, 08:39 PM   #5
(female)

terrigil1979 HB User

I too am suffering from "rotten eggs burps" as I type this. At first, I would get an episode only once every two years, now I seem to have them every week. Lately, it's been terrible, my family can't stand to be around me. I work with children, and when I belch, I have to evacuate the room. I am totally embarassed. Like others, I have tried stomach relief meds, but to no avail, I read somewhere that someone took pepto bimol and it gave him relief. I will try it tonight. I usually don't get the vomitting and diarreah. I was dehydrated in December and spent the day in the hospital. But then I didn't have the "burps". It's amazing to me, that no one can diagnos the problem. I have never talked to my doctor about this, but will next month.
As now, I am passing the same foul smelling gas out the other end. I don't seem to have any pain associated with my problem. One thing I have noticed, when I burp, I make an atrocious sound. It sounds like something out of a horror movie. It's like I have a lot of air in my gut. I haven't seen this addressed. Does anyone have the same? Also, I snore, I wonder if that has something to do with it. Sounds silly, but ...
Any help would be appreciated. Or any thoughts at all...Thanks

Old 01-20-2008, 08:47 AM   #6
(female)

TheFlowerGirl HB User

I have suffered from the dreaded Burps for quite a few years now, been through all the tests, bottles of pepto, which does help for a while a bit but then doesn't. I have made myself throw up for relief then take maylox to clean it out.

It seems that food is sitting in my stomach and rotting. There are so many reason this could be happening but none of the Doctors seem to have even ever heard of it, how can that be when there are so many people suffering from this?

I started getting the burps when I started a low carb high protien diet, they started out mild and went from 0 to 100 within a couple of years until I was getting them everytime I ate anything..

It could be due to a certain lack enzymes [which I've aslo tried taking that didn't help] or vitiman or even food allergies or to much bile, who knows.

A friend and myself that met here have been doing a LOT of research about this problem, a lot of experimenting with different solutions to it. First, I started taking Siberian Pine Nut Oil, you'll have to do a net search to find that, there's only one place I've found that sells it, it's pretty pricey but well worth the money, read about it. Then I started taking a iron vitiman everyday. This is the only thing that has really helped me. For the first time in a long time my insides felt clean and no burps!

It boggles my mind that not one Doctor I've been to about this problem has ever even heard of the sulur burps, like it's a conspiricy to keep it hidden or something. It's just down right weired.

All I can say is keep coming back to see if there are any new answers here on the forum to this problem, do some reseach on the pine nut oil and add some iron to your diet. I will be positng any new findings that may help US ALL GET BETTER..

Last edited by TheFlowerGirl; 01-20-2008 at 09:01 AM.

Old 02-09-2008, 06:03 PM   #7
(female)

Snore21 HB User
Angry Re: what to do for bad stomach pains and bad taste in mouth when i burp

I completely understand i am here now with this horrible burping of rotten eggs and i am suffering and i want to know why this happens and i do snore so maybe it does have something to do with it but i am thinking its what i eat and recently i have been throwing up and having diarrhea. I have herd that this maybe some indigestion problem but before i go to a doctor i am going to try lactose free milk and stay away from lactose products this will be hard since i love milk and cheese but since it might me a cause i rather not burp this horrible smell. I will post my results when it happens i hope someone has some kind of answer for me i hate feeling this way......

Last edited by Administrator; 02-10-2008 at 07:59 PM. Reason: members may not post as professionals, don't ask for it.

Closed Thread