It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2007, 01:34 PM   #1
(female)

rmv1983 HB User
Two months after surgery, questions...

At this stage after my call bladder removal I still occasionally throw up, but it has been more recent this past week. It has been almost daily, and I find myself burping alot again like I did right after surgery two months ago. And I still get stomach aches sometimes. I just wanted to find out if this was still considered normal

Last edited by rmv1983; 12-31-2007 at 01:35 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-31-2007, 02:45 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Two months after surgery, questions...

What are you eating? Were you fat free for the first month?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-31-2007, 03:15 PM   #3
(female)

rmv1983 HB User

My first month I was low fat, not fat free. My doctor told me low fat. I have been keeping to that, and most of the time my system seems to be handling it well. I stick with lunch meats and low fat breads, as well as low fat chips/pretzels. And fruit/vegetables. I stay away from soda and anything carbonated. I am also continuing to loose weight, but not at the previous rate. I was steady for a couple of weeks, and now seem to be losing weight again. I have been okay on this diet for two or three weeks, it seems to have just kicked up this week I am guilty of having tried things higher in fat than I should have, resulting in vomiting. I learned that lesson quickly and stay away from those items. Thank you for your help.

Last edited by rmv1983; 12-31-2007 at 03:16 PM.

Old 12-31-2007, 06:15 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

It just may take you longer to be able to digest the fats. Some people's duct gets in sync sooner than others. It was probably about 4 months or more before I could eat whatever I wanted. And I was fat free for the first month or so (except for that one time I just HAD to have Mexican and did I pay the price!).

Closed Thread