It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2008, 03:21 PM   #1
(female)

rozbel HB User
gb removed get indigestion when i eat and pain

i had my gb removed nearly 3 weeks ago have just about got my appetite back but when i eat i feel sick get lots of wind and indigestion. also have had a pain almost continually in left side under ribcage since i had it done and now have a pain on right hand side under ribcage, feels like someone is sticking their finger in something inside there. anyone got any ideas as to whats going on. when they did the op, by keyhole, they found bowel adhesions which they dealt with as well and this morning i found a small amount of blood in my pooh. looking for some advice as there is a history of bowel cancer in my family. im worried about bothering my gp for nothing as i always seem to be there recently.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-04-2008, 04:19 PM   #2
(female)

rmv1983 HB User
Re: gb removed get indigestion when i eat and pain

Stomaching cramping and burping is still normal after three weeks. My GI doctor said this is normal up to six months after surgery. I know sometimes I still get stomach cramping myself and it has been two months since my gallbladder was removed. I still vomit sometimes as well. I'm not sure about the pain though, as I have never experienced that with my gall bladder issues.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2008, 12:40 AM   #3
(male)

Gar2007 HB User
Re: gb removed get indigestion when i eat and pain

Had mine taken out 2 weeks ago and have that pain after eating. The pain is new for me, my symptoms before were loss of appetite, nausea and stomach colic pain. I ate half a turkey sandwich and fries the other day (I know, not good at all) and I felt like I had been running for hours with the pain I had.

The recovery is tougher than I thought. Loss of appetite before surgery and after! Im starting to eat a little more now. Good luck hope you feel better!

Closed Thread