It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2008, 01:47 PM   #1
(female)

tcp307 HB User
Before GB removal or after?

Hi everyone. I haven't had a chance to look at all the msg board yet, so hopefully something similar isn't posted with advise already! I had my gallbladder removed 2 yrs ago and have never been the same. The pain I had when I ate certain foods WITH the GB are nothing compared to the diarrhea/cramping/bloating/gas/reflux that I have now WITHOUT it! I've seen a gastroenterologist....he says it's just something I have to learn how to live with. Nice, huh? Is that how it is? I hope there is light at the end of the tunnel here.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2008, 03:28 PM   #2
(female)

rozbel HB User
Re: Before GB removal or after?

hi
i had mine removed nearly 4 weeks ago and am suffering stomach pains, cramping, burping all the time. haven't got diarrhea but can have a bowel movement up to 4 times a day and when i gotta go, i gotta go. i asked recently how long it goes on for, but i guess i might as well ask how long is a piece of string. sorry i cant give any advice but am trying to find my way through it. my gp reckoned a couple of months. hope someone comes up with some helpful hints for u

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2008, 09:31 PM   #3
(female)

nanarich1 HB User

One thing that helps me with the naseua, bloating, reflux, etc is my dr (and even the surgeon) prescribed me Aciphex. It is a miracle drug!! otc stuff does not work!

Old 01-12-2008, 10:14 AM   #4
(female)

tcp307 HB User

Thank you! I will look up Aciphex and check with my dr.

Old 01-16-2008, 07:31 AM   #5
(female)

lizzy815 HB User
Unhappy Re: Before GB removal or after?

I feel for you. I had my gall bladder removed just a week ago. Each and every time I eat (I am currently on a fat free diet) I end up in the bathroom. I am feeling bloated and gassy all the time. I wonder if there is a drug out there that will help us with this problem. If anyone reading this PLEASE let us know!

Old 01-16-2008, 03:02 PM   #6
(female)

LiverpoolLou HB User

What I don't understand is why they don't warn you to expect all this.

I've posted on the wrong thread but my op was 14 DEC and I've been bad ever since.
I'm 54 and tonight I'm so bloated I feel pregnant ?
I'm going to ask Doc for Aciphex tomorrow,, that is if we can get it in the UK?
Right shoulder still giving me jip and under right ribs too......and regular runs to the bathroom :-{
How long does this last, is it temporary or long term.........please say it is not permanent.....

Old 01-16-2008, 03:05 PM   #7
(female)

LiverpoolLou HB User

ROZBEL I noticed you're in the UK have you asked your GP for Aciphex yet. Just wondering if we can get it here? If we can, I hope it does the job.

Old 01-16-2008, 04:08 PM   #8
(female)

LiverpoolLou HB User

OMG everyone is in the same boat. There seems to be no letting up of the pain or bloated ness etc....

I feel so very depressed now to think that I'll have all this for the rest of my life.......

Last edited by moderator2; 01-16-2008 at 04:17 PM. Reason: posted commercial website

Old 01-18-2008, 03:55 PM   #9
(female)

LiverpoolLou HB User

I am sorry, I'm new to this board but I have come here in desperation.
All of your doctors seem to be sending you away with no concern for what is causing these problem post GB ops.
I'm flabbergasted that Surgeons are carrying out this surgery with out regard for the post op symptoms and complications.
To do surgery knowing that lots of patients will have after affects and some might require more surgery is scandelous and I feel like I have been cheated by the profession.
The only guidance that I was given pre op was to be told that there was a slim chance that the bile duct could be cut whilst removing the GB so I had to decide should they go ahead as it was my choice. They assured me that it could be corrected quite easily and I said yes go ahead then.
No mention of what I'm going through now.........
I am just so very depressed that I will have this pain and bloated gassy feeling forever..and never regain an appetite for more than snippets of fruit etc.

Closed Thread