It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2008, 05:06 PM   #1
(female)

mizzaj HB User
The doc ordered a HIDA Scan-- FINALLY! :)

I saw my GI doc today and leveled with him for a HIDA scan. He said that normally doctors don't like to give tests when they don't think something is a problem, but I was so insistent, and he said that since it might ease my anxiety, he ordered it. Now it could come back negative....I'm not convinced that I'll have a low ejection fraction anyway. I merely want to rule it out. But at least he ordered it.

I would probably be more relieved except for a few things: 1) He says none of my symptoms sound like gb at all (which I find strange because everyone presents differently and the symptoms sound a lot like every other digestive ailment out there) and 2) He said that if the ejection fraction is low, he wouldn't necessarily recommend having it out. Which is annoying. I think he believes I would be in terrible pain if it was my gb. But I don't eat fattening food. And the last time I did, almost a year ago, I did have severe stomach pain and nausea.

He's also quite aggressive personality-wise, which I don't think I like so much. But at least he's proactive. I'll give him a few more chances, and if it doesn't work out, I'm switching to a female doc. I'm tired of the cocky male docs I've seen. I need to find someone sympathetic and not a know it all. I never thought this would be such a long, drawn out process, but I guess it is....

Thanks to all of you (Zoe, niecsey, Gar, April, collector, sisty) who have listened to me vent about this. Hopefully I"ll get some kind of result from something. Or maybe I'll get lucky and this will all just go away at some point. I do know of two people who said they had undiagnosed stomach ailments for 6-8 months and then things returned to normal. Mine's been going on for almost a year, but I suppose it's not impossible for things to clear up on their own. Other than that, I'm planning to see a Homeopathic doctor. I figure it can't hurt......

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2008, 05:33 AM   #2
(female)

Sisty HB User
Re: The doc ordered a HIDA Scan-- FINALLY! :)

Mizzaj, let us know how it goes. I was told the same most peoples problems subside and go away on their own!!For me it is a year and 3 weeks and counting. I have an appointment at USF with their GI department on Feb 18. So we will see what they say! It is hard when everything comes up negative and they won't do anything. I hope your HIDA scan shows something and you get resolution. Let me know. When are you having it done?
Sisty

Closed Thread