It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2008, 06:21 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

monkey5 HB User
Still searching for relief!

Okay i have had almost everything under the sun checked here and cannot figure out why i have a dull annoying aching in my upper right abdomen around the rib cage. I have abdominal bloating/fullness and can get somehwat uncomfortable. I have been dealing with alot of constipation now where i am stumped is that it doesn't seem to be a problem wether i eat certain foods. Can anyone tell what the percentage thing is with the hidiscan of the gallbladder is or knows? I know i have heard something like if it is higher or lower ect it can be a gall bladder issue right? Who can diagnosis this issue also. I am also dealing with a lot of arthritis stuff and hoping maybe ny dr. will order a CT scan of the body with dye to see if they can see any of the bursitis i have or this abdominal thing if it might work.
Thanks for any help!
Love, Monkey

P.S. Had a hidiscan and it was like 53% for the gal bladder.

Old 01-17-2008, 06:36 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

ZoeGirl HB User
Re: Still searching for relief!

35% or higher is normal for a HIDA scan.

Not sure what else is up that high. Have you checked all gynecological areas?

Also try benefiber and miralax for getting stuff moving. miralax makes me nauseous but not all.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-17-2008, 06:59 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

monkey5 HB User
Re: Still searching for relief!

zoegirl,
thanks thats what i thought was to be normal with the 53% ect. I have tried the miralax without success, i have been only having a bowel movement like once a week. GI dr. says i didnt need to see him till spring, i still have yet to call the office back and let them know thats not working and what to do i am so so so so sick of all this. I have had all the other female stuff cheked although i am supposed to go back to OB dr, now that i have seen the GI to maybe check out flip flopping ovarian cysts again , had hysterectomy along time ago for the rest. I am also still waiting to see if changing pain meds for my arthritis back to what it was and see if that helps with the abdominal discomfort and i am seeming to get some relief i think, time will tell! Then i am gonna check about my thyroid meds because these are the only things that have been messed with prior to having the stomach issue. Although i have always felt the upper abdominal fullness bloating for way longer, not sure if that part has been from the cysts ugh.
Take care, Monkey

Closed Thread