It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2008, 10:24 AM   #1
(female)

bunny32 HB User
Help anything please!

So I started on the acid reflux baord but they told me to try here, so here I am. All of this started about 2 1/2 months ago. My boyfriend kept having stomach aches and then would throw up several times with in a week. Some days he was fine other days not. One day (about a month ago) he told me that he wasn't feeling well and that he threw up blood, he said it wasn't much, but blood is blood! I talked him into going to the doctor that day and he did. They said that his stomach is over producing stomach acid and eatting away at the linning of his stomach and gave him some pills to take a half hour before eatting. Also not to Drink or smoke and no eatting spicy or greasy foods. So he tried his best to do that and time passed he was doing alright, kind of better. I guess he stopped taking his pills about 2-3 weeks ago because he thought he was fine. well last week he called me a half hour after I left the house and told me he threw up 10 times! I told him to call the doctor, he did later that day, a new one this time. He went in later that day and this doctor told him it wasn't his fault that the pills were not working like they should and that he should schedule an endoscopy. He did and had it yesterday, they didn't find anything wrong, nothing. This is good but frustrating. So now they want to run some blood test and whatnot. But i was wondering if anyone has any ideas! Sorry for such a long post but I had to get it all in there! Thanks ahead of time to everyone!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2008, 05:54 PM   #2
(male)

eihcet HB User
Re: Help anything please!

If they did the endoscopy, did they take a biopsy of tissue and test for h.pylori bacteria? Did the find any gastritis? Usually it takes a bit of time to get those results back so while they may not have found an ulcer they may have found something?

I'm a little thrown off by the blood because one would think that was indicative of an ulcer (along with the other symptoms). Since they didn't find that, I'm not sure.

Does he have any other symptoms besides the nausea/vomiting? Any pains, fever, chills, etc?

Old 01-31-2008, 06:56 AM   #3
(female)

bunny32 HB User
Re: Help anything please!

I don't know if they took any tissue samples, Can h.pylori alone cause problems? i thought that was just what caused some ulcers and such and if he had h.pylori wouldn't it have gotten past along to me? No he doesn't have any fevers or chills. He has lost 8 lbs since this started just under 2 months ago. The blood and symptoms all point to an ulcer or somthing with the stomach so I agree with you on being thrown off! One night he explained it like smoking a menthol cig, so I asked him if there was burning in his lungs and such and he said no just his stomach. He was uncomfortable. Thats all the more that i have gotten out of him.

Closed Thread