It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2008, 06:05 PM   #1
(female)

bertee2007 HB User
I got a partial diagnosis today

Has anyone ever heard of spincter of ocdo dysfunction. Or does anyne know anything about it. I have to go to a larger hospital to see a specialtist. But i would like to know what I am dealing with.

Old 02-05-2008, 08:44 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

sam78 HB User
Re: I got a partial diagnosis today

never heard of that sphincter, sure its not sphincter of Oddi??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2008, 12:05 PM   #3
(female)

Sisty HB User

Gilbert67 it is the Spinchter between your pancreas and billiary duct is malfunctioing and causing pressure to build up. What are your symptoms and what test did they do to give you that diagnoses? I am curious as I have had problems for a year I go to a big hospital next week for more tests. Every test I have had has been negative.
Sisty

Old 02-06-2008, 01:14 PM   #4
(female)

bertee2007 HB User

At first they did a CT of my whole stomach and said my bile duct was enlarged, then they did and MRI of my gallbladder and bile duct and thats when he said I had the dysfunction. I also go to a major hospital next week to see if I have to have surgery, some say it is caused by a disease gallbladder. I wish I had more information on this to see what I am dealing with I have suffered from this for years and this time I pushed the doctors until they found out what was wrong with me, usually they wanted to blow it off as IBS but I knew something was wrong.

Old 02-06-2008, 08:47 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

sam78 HB User

Funny how everything these days is diagnosed as IBS. I went through the exact same thing. I also have sphincter of oddi dysfunction (SOD). Have you ever had gallstones? Dilation of your bile duct is typically caused by gallstones passing but if you have SOD it can cause it as well. Unfortunately either way a scope (down the mouth) is likely in your future. If its gallstone cause they can just take your gallbladder out. They can do that now with some holes in the belly. If it is SOD, then they can go in and cut the sphincter so it cant restrict down and cause back up of bile. Sisty and I have definetely been through the long hall, so feel free to ask away.

Speaking of Sisty, happy to tell you after my long long looooong hall, I have been pancreatitis free since August. Thank god the stenting finally helped. !!!!!!! Just thought I would share.

Last edited by sam78; 02-06-2008 at 08:51 PM.

Old 02-07-2008, 07:45 AM   #6
(female)

Sisty HB User

Thanks Sam I Am glad to know you are doing better. I still supposed to have IBS?? I have an appointment on the 18th of this month at the University Medical Center. Who did your stents? Also I know we discussed before but did you have any elevated enzymes or anything that showed up? I have nothing only symptoms. Do they know what caused it?
Thanks
Sisty

Old 02-07-2008, 07:48 AM   #7
(female)

Sisty HB User

Thanks Sam I Am glad to know you are doing better. I still am supposed to have IBS?? I have an appointment on the 18th of this month at the University medical center. Who did your stents? Also I know we discussed before but did you have any elevated enzymes or anything that showed up? I have nothing only symptoms. Do they know what caused it?
Thanks
Sisty

Closed Thread