It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2008, 06:17 PM   #1
(female)

memsie j HB User
stomachache/headache after eating

so for the last week, any time i eat sometime in the proceeding half hour i will start to feel very nausus. im addition, i will get a headache and feel cloudy-minded/foggy. usually i feel like my throat is swollen too, like my glands would be if i were starting to get a cold. these sensations dont affect my hunger, i still have an appitite but have been refusing to eat because of the consistency of these sypmtoms. they can last anywhere from 2-6 hours after they start and are starting to make life difficult. in researching heachaches after eating, the possiiblity of diabetes came up a few times, but that doesnt explain the stomachaches/feeling in my throat. any thoughts??
please help

Old 02-08-2008, 06:28 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jen52983 HB User
Re: stomachache/headache after eating

You should start making a list of everything you ate before your symptoms kicked in. An ingredient could be triggering these side effects and maybe you have an allergy to something.

Some of your symptoms are similar to many of the things I experienced before finding out I had Celiacs/Gluten Intolerance.. which is an allergy to wheat. The most common symptoms I had were: a seemingly constant headache, stomachache or stomache just "didn't feel right," was in a daze/cloudy-minded, run down, fatigued, pale, moody, problems going to the bathroom, nausea, and stomach cramps.

If it's not a food allergy than it could be what you're eating.. like sugary and greasy foods are naturally unhealthy and could be upsetting your body. If you're prone to migranes, then anything with caffine could trigger a headache, like chocolate or coffee.

Definitely make a list of what you've eaten once these side effects start up and maybe you and/or your doctor can pin point what's setting it off.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread