It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2008, 08:50 PM   #1
(female)

Jill1004 HB User
Question re: after small bowel series

Hi all. I had a small bowel follow-through/series on Wed. As of the time I am writing this it has been 4-1/2 days since the test. Since the test I have had crampy pain the evening of the test, and since then I have had a generalized all over my stomach uncomfortableness/pain - up high near my actual stomach and then kind of everywhere. I have also been somewhat nauseous. I know this sounds rather vague, but it is the best way to describe it.

After my test the technician told me to drink lots of water and that my BMs would be light colored for a couple of days. As of just a little while ago they are still a very light color.

Is all of this normal status post a small bowel series? Any thoughts would be appreciated. I should have gotten my results back on Friday, but I didn't hear from my GP - which generally means they are backed up at the end of the day and he didn't get time to call. If I don't hear tomorrow, I will call at the end of the day.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Old 02-11-2008, 05:44 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

ZoeGirl HB User
Re: Question re: after small bowel series

I was in awful pain for a little over a week until I passed all of the barium. It's heavy and just sitting inside you. Keep drinking that water and once it's all passed, you should feel better.
I also had to call for my results.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread