It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2008, 12:26 PM   #1
(female)

Annalie100 HB User
Pain in stomach

Hi

I have been suffering from really bad stomach pains now for a few months, and my gp has always kept putting it down to my hiatus hernia, but the tablets didnt work and at Christmas my stomach pains became so painful, I think its more than my hiatus hernia, but nothing i could do would make it better, I have finally got my doctor to refer me so I am waiting for further investigations, but Im so worried what could be wrong, one consultant said it might be my gallbladder, but the pain is in my upper stomach almost all day every day - I have lost my appetite - but I am really worried that it could be something serious because I have been loosing weight every week - does anyone have any ideas or tips, or if it is gallstones - do you loose weight and your appetite?
Thanks

Old 02-14-2008, 09:45 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

hessie28 HB Userhessie28 HB User
Re: Pain in stomach

I have the same thing. My gallbladder came out 16 years ago though. My dr. said Gastritis. That is an inflmmation of the stomach lining. When my pain got worse I went to the ER. They did a cat scan which was negative. I just had an Endocscopy which showed an inflamed Esophagus and stomach. Waiting on biopsy results. My pain is under my left side rib cage. I have a lot of acid reflux and nausea. The dr. says the next step is an Upper GI. I am post op Gastric Bypass so they think may be scar tissue. I've been reading that a lot of people having this problem.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2008, 02:39 AM   #3
(female)

Annalie100 HB User

I have just had a scan and its not my gall bladder which has now made me worse thinking what it could be - I feel so sick all the time and the pain is there all the time sometimes unbearable - just want to know what it is I cant carry on like this - hessie28 have you had your results back yet?

Old 02-19-2008, 09:28 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

hessie28 HB Userhessie28 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annalie100 View Post
I have just had a scan and its not my gall bladder which has now made me worse thinking what it could be - I feel so sick all the time and the pain is there all the time sometimes unbearable - just want to know what it is I cant carry on like this - hessie28 have you had your results back yet?
Hi. My Endoscopy showed and inflammation of the stomach and Esophagus. Since I don't feel any better, the dr. gave me something called Carafte (sp?). They use for ulcers to coat the stomach. I don't have an Ulcer but he thinks it may help the nausea. He is sending me for an Upper GI Small Bowel Series which I am getting on Thursday. He doesn't think they will find anything. In my case he thinks it could be scar tissue in the small intestines causing bile and acid to back up. Sounds odd. Since I had Gastric Bypass Surgery and 3 other pelvic surgeries if they can't find a problem they blame on scar tissue. I lost 8 pounds in the last 2 weeks. While I am glad to lose the weight, this is not how I wanted to do it. Will update you when I get the Upper GI results. Feel better.

Old 02-20-2008, 04:26 AM   #5
(female)

Annalie100 HB User

Has your nausea stopped since taking what the doctor gave you?

Closed Thread