It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2008, 03:45 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: COLUMBUS, OHIO
Posts: 2,163
brianpain33 HB Userbrianpain33 HB User
Question Anyone treated themselves for parasites

I have wondered about this and even bought this tincture of stuff that has black walnut, cloves, and something else which you are supposed to take several times a day for a month. The taste is SO BAD that I could not take it after a couple of days. If you start searching online you will see that like 80% of Americans probably have 1 or more parasites that cause all kinds of symptoms especially digestive problems. The difficult thing is that the tests that a doctor can do can only detect somewhere around 10 parasites and there are literally hundreds of different ones. Has anyone known for sure they had parasites, how did you know, and what exactly did you do to rid yourself of them?

Brian

 
Old 02-20-2008, 06:28 AM   #2
boz boz is offline
Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Lincolnshire.. England.
Posts: 52
boz HB User
Re: Anyone treated themselves for parasites

Would have thought internal parasites would be found either by blood cultures,
urine cultures, and stool cultures in a path lab..
Treatment should be by a qualified doctor. Not over the counter .

Unless of course its external parasites, even so there's various treatments for various pests.


What sort of parasites do you have in the USA... & where are they caught.

We're on a planned trip in Sept/ October........ & your somewhat putting me off.

 
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 02-20-2008, 09:13 AM   #3
Senior Member
(male)
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 110
eihcet HB User
Re: Anyone treated themselves for parasites

Quote:
Originally Posted by boz View Post
What sort of parasites do you have in the USA... & where are they caught.

We're on a planned trip in Sept/ October........ & your somewhat putting me off.
I don't think you should worry, at least not about that. Parasitic infections seem pretty rare in the USA compared to other places that lack water treatment. That said, there are still risks for folks when swimming and drinking water while in lakes / canals / etc.

 
Old 02-21-2008, 01:50 AM   #4
boz boz is offline
Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Lincolnshire.. England.
Posts: 52
boz HB User
Re: Anyone treated themselves for parasites

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.......... We have been to the States before,
my remarks were .... shall we say ' tongue in cheek '.

 
Old 02-21-2008, 09:39 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: pennsylvania
Posts: 1,355
jen52983 HB User
Re: Anyone treated themselves for parasites

There are different brands of "Cleansing programs" that are suppose to rid your body of toxins, and parasites. If you do an internet search you will probably find thousands of hits. My suggestion there would be to research and see if any sound worthy of trying.

I also think that a doctor would be you're only way of knwing for sure if you have a parasite and what kind. As another poster said, they'd most likely find them in a stole sample or in blood work. My guess, of course, is that you'd have to tell them that you think or worry about having a parasite and request that they look specifically for that.

If a doctor finds anything they'd probably (I'm only guessing b/c I've never been told I have a parasite!) that they'd prescribe a medication that would rid you of them. I've heard of cases where people have had tape worms that have had to be surgically removed.

If you're really worried, or think you most likely have one, I suggest asking a doctor to check it out.

Things to do to avoid the risk of parasites is to avoid undercooked meat, wash all fruits and veggies thoroughly as well as your hands, especially after dealing with raw meat, unhygenic areas, children (I believe it's "pinworms" that are easily passed on from kids to kids, b/c they scratch in places then continue playing!) So just practice good hygene and general cleanliness!!

 
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Has anyone had a hypertrophical anal papilla removed? sissyleighjune Bowel Disorders 12 12-10-2008 09:28 PM
"Colon Cleansing" Anyone?! jen52983 General Health 20 08-17-2007 11:50 AM
Anyone hpv/vin? - angry no disclosure delphi92 Human Papillomavirus (HPV) 1 03-19-2007 06:14 PM
Parasites and healing sounds Guidoar Open to All Other Health Topics 3 09-04-2006 10:33 AM
skin problems anyone? chelespiglets Military Health Issues 12 12-27-2005 05:45 PM




Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Join Our Newsletter

Stay healthy through tips curated by our health experts.

Whoops,

There was a problem adding your email Try again

Thank You

Your email has been added








TOP THANKED CONTRIBUTORS



janewhite1 (20), bluepumkin (18), solofelix (17), Harry (13), Titchou (8), flipfleury (8), ladybud (8), MountainReader (7), rufous57 (6), jmarple (6)

Site Wide Totals

teteri66 (1180), MSJayhawk (1004), Apollo123 (905), Titchou (848), janewhite1 (823), Gabriel (759), ladybud (754), midwest1 (669), sammy64 (668), BlueSkies14 (610)



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:03 PM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!