It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2008, 05:16 AM   #1
(female)

blondyk HB User
Unhappy Enlarged biliary, pancreatic,liver ducts with normal blood tests

Hi,
Recently thru US, CT, and MRCP, my dr. has discovered abnormally large biliary duct (15mm), pancreatic, and liver ducts. All blood tests are normal.
I initially went to dr for bladder infection and back pain. I am having pain now in the back, just below my lt shldr blade- more like directly behind my stomach to my back. At times I get rt upper abd pain, but I also have a neck condition (4 neck surg) that I take oxycontin for- so any additional pain is odd.I am concerned because my doctor says since I am not symtomatic yet, there is nothing we can do about the enlarged ducts.
Are there any conditions I should be concerned about?
They found no stones on tests. The ducts were normal in 2005 on a ct, so I was not born this way.
Any suggestions or similar experiences?
blondyk

Old 02-21-2008, 09:41 PM   #2
(female)

LORILOVE HB User
Re: Enlarged biliary, pancreatic,liver ducts with normal blood tests

When I had my ultrasound for gallstones, the surgeon mentioned that my bilary ducts were larger then they would expect. Not so large that they were worried. I definitely had gallstones. They indicated this could be a sign that the gallstones had escaped the gallbladder.

Originally there were considering an ERCP but since my blood test came back normal they chose to do nothing - other than my regularly scheduled gallbladder surgery.

It is possible that your enlarged ducts have nothing to do with the new pains that you are experiencing.

Lori

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread