It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2008, 05:09 PM   #1
(female)

mc03142 HB User
Unhappy Pain left side below ribs and sometimes chest pain

I am having an endescope on 2/29/08. I am worried that I have something more serious. I haven't seen many posts about left side pain. I have lots of gas and burping. The GI wants to do the procedure to check for ulcer and if nothing found an cat scan. Sometimes my left arm hurts in the muscle under the arm and my left upper leg abvove the hip. My fingers and toes sometimes get a sharp pain that disappears fast.

Does anyone else get to feeling a little worse with more physical activity and bending over causing problem with pain.

An ER room did an xray, EKG and blood work nothing found other than maybe gastritis he thought.

Old 02-23-2008, 02:28 PM   #2
(female)

tata33 HB User
Re: Pain left side below ribs and sometimes chest pain

Hey I have alot of the same problems. I have alot of stomach pain at the top either the left side or the right side and it goes into my chest. I have had my gallbladder out and just the other night I was in the ER for some of the same stuff. They think I may have had the flu and so they gave me a shot for the nuasea and vomiting and then some tamaflu and one of them either the shot or the pill gave me gas and I had to go back after like 10 min. cause I was hurting really bad in my chest and the center of my stomacha and it was even going into my back......I was scared. They gave me some maalox and some 7up and after I burped a few times I was fine and they sent me home and then I did fine till about 45 min. later and I was having to take more maalox and some stuff to help me burp more. I still am having pains that radiate from side to side just not as severe. I have been to doctors after doctors and still no one knows anything I have had I tube ran down my stomach and the one ran up the other way plus the ct scans and ultra sounds and xrays and upper gi and lower gi and all that stuff and the only thing they have come to is gerd and I am on donital and aciphex daily and I still have problems. I even had a hysterectomy last month thinking that might help cause I had more problems around that time of the month and so far it still hasn't helped any. I get so frustrated cause people think I am losing my mind and that nothing is wrong with me but there is and I hope sometime soon I can find out what it is cause when your chest hurts like that you think of the worst. And I can't take anything for my nerves or anything like that cause if it causes gas or anything I hurt the whole time I am taking the meds. If you find anything out please pass on your info. I have been going through this for 2 1/2 years and it is stressful.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2008, 04:28 PM   #3
(female)

mc03142 HB User
Thumbs down Re: Pain left side below ribs and sometimes chest pain

Sounds like you are having a really hard time. I am just beginning the process and really feel like crap today. I feel really anxious and an on a mild antibiotic for an infection. So that and the Nexium are giving me some trouble, headache, upset stomach, etc.

I have to force myself to eat and am so bloated with so little to eat.

Rats

Old 02-23-2008, 09:14 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

hessie28 HB Userhessie28 HB User

I've been going through the same thing the past month. I was in the ER the beginning of Feb. I had horrible pain on the left side under my ribs and horrible nausea. At that time I also had a bad bladder infection. The did a cat scan which was normal. At the time they insisted it was a reaction to the antibiotics I was taking for my bladder infection. Since then I have had and Upper GI, Small Bowel Series and an Endoscopy. The scope showed an inflammation of the Esophagus and stomach. The Nexium was killing me. It was rough on my stomach. They also told me Gastritis. I can't believe that would hurt this bad. I feel like something is pressing against my stomach/pouch. Since I had gastric bypass 6 years ago the dr. thinks it could be scar tissue. My next step in an ultrasound. I notice the pain is worse when I lean forward or lay back. I also had a moderate amount of blood in the urine which is not related they say. I think I still have the infection. I start to wonder if a kidney stone or something but they say no. I know how you feel. People start to look at you like it is in your head. I've been to the dr. every week. I'm not giving up until he finds out what it is. I really can't take the pain much more. Hope everyone feels better.

Old 06-02-2008, 08:24 PM   #5
(male)

ucidude13 HB User

mc03142,

How did everything go???? I have the EXACT same symptoms you did, thought they were heart realted at first, and went through the whole ER, EKGs, Chest Scan, Echocardiogram, AND just had an Endoscopy done last week, going to see the doctor to follow up this week.

Please let me know,

Mikey

Old 06-02-2008, 08:32 PM   #6
(male)

ucidude13 HB User
Question Re: Pain left side below ribs and sometimes chest pain

hessie28,

You also seem to have similar symptoms as myself, any luck with what it is? I was told my problems are probably Gastritis related, thats why they did the endoscopy on me last week to check for other things.

Thanks,

Mikey
Height: 6ft
Weight: 175 (Fit)
Exercise: X3 week (cardio and weigths)
Smoke / Drink: No (No soda, only water/milk/juices)
Eat: Generally Healthy (Eat out 2-3 week for lunch, but try to keep it healthy)

Sucks to follow the rules of healthy living and seems like im getting the shaft

tata33, your problems sound bad, I hope you get better.

Last edited by ucidude13; 06-02-2008 at 08:32 PM.

Old 06-03-2008, 11:28 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

k2626 HB User

Could be GERD

Old 06-03-2008, 11:28 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

k2626 HB User

Could be GERD