It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2008, 11:55 AM   #1
(female)

mizzaj HB User
Belching lonnngggg after a meal...what does it mean?

Hi all,

For those of you who have read my posts before, you know that I've had undiagnosed stomach problems for about a year now. My HIDA came back with an ejection fraction of 7%, but I don't have much pain at all-- either in the upper right quadrant or in the upper abdomen. In fact, both my GI doc and my primary care provider have said that my main "symptom"-- lingering abdominal fullness-- isn't a symptom of gb dysfunction. I'm due for a barium swallow soon, and my doctor talked about giving me erythromycin for possible delayed stomach emptying-- even though my gastric emptying test came back normal.....

Anyway, I'm starting to wonder if just have plain old indigestion, or non ulcer dyspepsia.

One thing that disturbs me, though it is not painful or even that bothersome (physically speaking) is that I will belch up and taste (sorry to be gross) what I've eaten HOURS after I've eaten it. Yesterday I was belching up something I ate 7 hours later! My GI doc said I must be swallowing air, but I never had this problem before my stomach problems started-- and I can't imagine I'd be swallowing any more air now than before....

Any thoughts? Has this happened to any of you? Thanks in advance!

Old 02-24-2008, 01:19 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

niecsey HB Userniecsey HB User
Re: Belching lonnngggg after a meal...what does it mean?

Hi Mizz xx sorry your still having probs x Whats happening with gall bladder? You decided yet?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2008, 04:43 PM   #3
(female)

mizzaj HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by niecsey View Post
Hi Mizz xx sorry your still having probs x Whats happening with gall bladder? You decided yet?
Hi Niecsey! I've been reading your posts and thinking about you....I hope that trying the manuka honey again is helping....it's a shame that after we went through the H Pylori treatment, things didn't get better. That was almost 5 months ago...uggh!

I told my primary care doc about the stomach pulsing and she said it was normal. Though I have heard of "abdominal aortic aneurysms", my doc never mentioned it, so I'm not going to worry about it...

As for my gb-- I'm going for a barium swallow and then back to my primary care doc. She wants to see the results of that and may even repeat the HIDA. If I want, she will refer me to a surgeon, but I'm holding off for now until I get the upper GI series and then see her again. I just don't know if my symptoms are gb related....I am very worried about going through with surgery and having NOTHING change-- or get worse. So things are still up in the air, but I'm doing okay. Not too much pain these days-- a little bit of a cramping feeling when I haven't eaten, but not too bad. Mostly it's a lot of fullness from not eating much, a little bit of acid in my throat at times, belching, etc. I'm far from back to normal, but I'm hanging in there....it's just hard b/c I don't have classic gb symptoms, so it's tough even convincing myself that's what it is.....

Hope you stay well!

Old 02-25-2008, 03:56 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

niecsey HB Userniecsey HB User

Hi ya Mizz x lm not too bad stomach wise.. lately ...manuka seems to be doing its job... funny was just thinking yesterday... that the manuka MUST be doing something although it must of been slowly for me not to notice The difference it has made l dont think active 15 was for me maybe it was too strong?l seem better at the active 10+ anyway just a shortie post hope everything works out for you and you get the answers you want and need.. surgery is a big step and theres no guarantees sadly Good luck keep in touch x

Old 03-20-2008, 02:40 PM   #5
(female)

MatcellaProust HB User

I have had the same symptoms for 7 years! After seeing the best and most expensive Gastroenterologists the world has to offer, homeopaths, naturopaths, herbalists, accupuncturists, reiki, twina, heeling and what-have-you masters, etc, etc, still no diagnosis and no change. I found than eating extremely little (like on slice of a bread a day!) is the only thing that alleviates this condition. Do you have any news? Someone told me that there are special blood tests to check for off-the-grid allergies that may be causing this.

Old 04-06-2008, 07:26 PM   #6
(female)

mindyp HB User

This was one of of my main symptoms of gallbladder disease. I'd burp what I'd eaten the day before. I had fullness and pressure in the RUQ, with occasional nausea as well. My ejection fraction was 8.3%. These symtoms have disappeared after my gb was removed. Maybe it's your gallbladder after all....

Old 04-08-2008, 10:57 AM   #7
(female)

mizzaj HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindyp View Post
This was one of of my main symptoms of gallbladder disease. I'd burp what I'd eaten the day before. I had fullness and pressure in the RUQ, with occasional nausea as well. My ejection fraction was 8.3%. These symtoms have disappeared after my gb was removed. Maybe it's your gallbladder after all....
Hi MindyP,

You were the one who wrote saying that for years they thought you had gastritis and it turned out to be your gb afterall-- and that you were doing great afterwards. That post really perked me up....

Have I mentioned that my ejection fraction is 7%? I got the result in late January. The thing is, I don't eat a lot of fat, and so I don't get the extreme symptoms that some doctors think are necessary/indicative of having gb disease. They all think I have non ulcer dyspepsia and claim that people can function fine and have no gb-related symptoms with an ejection fraction as low as mine.

I get full easily, but I don't feel much of anything in the gb region. Sometimes I get stomach pain-- but that usually happens more a few hours after eating when I'm hungry, as opposed to right afterwards. I also have acid reflux according to the barium swallow I did a few weeks ago. I don't know if that's related to gb or not.

Anyway, I'm working dilligently with my PCP to figure this all out. Like I said, nobody is chomping at the bit about this being my gb-- even though I *did* make the mistake of eating a whole avocado on a salad, and while I didn't have pain, I had serious indigestion and some slight nausea. That was the most fat I had eaten in a long time. Anyway, my PCP wants to repeat the HIDA, and if it's similarly low again, I will definitely consult with a surgeon.....

Thanks again for your posts....we sound so similar, and knowing that you had a good outcome is really uplifting, because I was told it's only a 50/50 chance when you don't have stones anyway.....

Closed Thread